Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If enough community support comments on a problem, Tesla notices and it might get resolved.

But you really just need a good wifi link every night.

PS. Like all computers, many issues resolve after a “full double button” reboot And an overnight wifi link. Or perhaps it’s just the restful sleep I get that night, but….
This is exactly what my local SC stated to me - always available WiFi is key to receiving the latest updates. This said, I made modifications to ensure good WiFi overnight, but according to my Teslafi account, my MY just sleeps the nights away ...

How can you tell that your car is uploading video when parked at home?

Bandwidth monitors on my home router/firewall measure the traffic between two IP addresses. You might also use Wireshark. Both have a setup and learning curve.
If you have good wifi link, Tesla wants and downloads your diagnostics and driving videos. You are contributing to the improvements in the Tesla software.

Does using the "bug report" function do anything?

I’ve never heard of anyone reporting success by using bug report. Reporting thru the Tesla app that your updates seem frozen has worked in the past for people who did have lockup issues.

Bandwidth monitors on my home router/firewall measure the traffic between two IP addresses. You might also use Wireshark. Both have a setup and learning curve.
If you have good wifi link, Tesla wants and downloads your diagnostics and driving videos. You are contributing to the improvements in the Tesla software.

I’ve never heard of anyone reporting success by using bug report. Reporting thru the Tesla app that your updates seem frozen has worked in the past for people who did have lockup issues.

Thanks for the reply, I was wondering if the "bug report" function pointed out areas of the driving video that they needed to look at.

Keith

Does using the "bug report" function do anything?
The in-car bug report just dumps additional information to the log retained in your car. It is not something that your car automatically transmits to Tesla. When you take your car to the service center you can tell them that you logged some bug reports and they can view that information while servicing your car.

For the 2000 or so people currently testing FSD beta, they do have a "report problem" function that does flag a poorly handled driving scenario and that data/video is transmitted back to Tesla for analysis.

This is exactly what my local SC stated to me - always available WiFi is key to receiving the latest updates. This said, I made modifications to ensure good WiFi overnight, but according to my Teslafi account, my MY just sleeps the nights away ...
Sounds correct.

The computer in the car just wakes up just a little every 30 to 60 seconds to check if something sent it a notification, such as for an implending OTA or you, on your application, switching on the climate.

Designed to use a trivial amount of battery, and based off the 12V system.

Effectively, the car is still asleep.

I have a good wifi connection, and sharing active as well as having "advanced" selected on software updates. How can you tell that your car is uploading video when parked at home? Does using the "bug report" function do anything?

Thanks,

Keith
I have a good wifi connection, and sharing active as well as having "advanced" selected on software updates. How can you tell that your car is uploading video when parked at home? Does using the "bug report" function do anything?

Thanks,

Keith
How do you activate "sharing"?

It looks like vision cars (no radar) are not getting the update. It’s been discussed in the software update thread. Our vision Y still has 2021.4.21.3 since early August while our 2018 Model 3 got several updates already.

It has nothing to do with vision. International cars that still come with Radar are equally affected.
I seems to be due to the IC shortage.

Updated from 2021.24.11 to 2021.24.12 yesterday.
My MY has 2021.24.12 too and this seems to be a limited release from .11. I wonder what it does?

1C293747-9C44-4CD1-891E-CFE2B6DFD615.jpeg