Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven’t done a software update for a few months as autopilot seemed to getting worse with each update.

Anyway I did an update today and the only real difference I notice is the visualisations are taking up about half the screen now. The useful part of the screen with the maps is now reduced in size. Is there a benefit to having the larger visualisations? I’m struggling to see any situation where the info provided would take precedence over just looking through the windscreen.

It seems like a vanity move by Tesla to showcase fsd, but all it really does is highlight the number of vehicles it doesn’t pick up. Or am I missing something?

I haven’t done a software update for a few months as autopilot seemed to getting worse with each update.

Anyway I did an update today and the only real difference I notice is the visualisations are taking up about half the screen now. The useful part of the screen with the maps is now reduced in size. Is there a benefit to having the larger visualisations? I’m struggling to see any situation where the info provided would take precedence over just looking through the windscreen.

It seems like a vanity move by Tesla to showcase fsd, but all it really does is highlight the number of vehicles it doesn’t pick up. Or am I missing something?
Nope. You’re on the money!

Can you toggle: Controls > Autopilot > Full Self-Driving Visualization Preview ?

Or if just not valuing the increase in screen estate given to the FSD preview, then only option left is to tweet Elon ;)
I think that just adds some bits like traffic light visualisation. It doesn't alter the screen estate that's used.

Personally (I dont have FSD) I'd love an option to turn the visualisation off completley, or at least shrink it. I'd rather have a bigger web browser, Maps and Spotify.
For non-FSD users the visualisation is a complete waste of screen estate.

The size change happened for most of us with version 2020.48.26 ... (December 2020) you're a bit behind the curve I'm thinking!

Reactions: spooksman and init6