Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We’ll all I wanted was a way-point to be added to the satnav system. Simple as that. Every other system has it a included from the get-go but not Tesla. I now understand it is available but I need to purchase an upgrade at £1400 and I loose my radio in the process or I pay another £400 for another upgrade to keep the radio. I understand I do get some flashing lights when I park the car with the new upgrade??? Personally I think it is absolute robbery by Tesla and does little to develop brand loyalty. Guess I will continue to use my IPhone maps system 🤔 very sad.

How quickly do software updates arrive at your car? I just recently (this week) took delivery of my 2022 model S, and I am still on 2021.43 version software....Will they come one after the other or will I just receive a giant jump, all at one time? In general, is software pushed to the whole fleet or staggered, and if staggered, how long is that process?

As a latest software junkie, not having the latest software on my car since delivery 3 weeks ago is very unbearable...

Any advice on how to cope??? Please I need help
My 2022 Models S LR is still stuck at 2021.43.201. We took delivery pretty close together. I'm thinking we should get an update this week or next. When I bought my Model Y in March 2021, it was 5 or 6 weeks before I saw an update to current version.

As a latest software junkie, not having the latest software on my car since delivery 3 weeks ago is very unbearable...

Any advice on how to cope??? Please I need help
You can connect every hour or so to the Teslafi firmware page (https://www.teslafi.com/firmware.php) and analyse, speculate, evaluate trend of which car config get what... in order to spend time & guess as to when yours will get the next one (or not) 😇

My 2022 Models S LR is still stuck at 2021.43.201. We took delivery pretty close together. I'm thinking we should get an update this week or next. When I bought my Model Y in March 2021, it was 5 or 6 weeks before I saw an update to current version.
I'm right there with you....took delivery three weeks ago, still on 2021.43.201 as well. I have not received any good answers from Tesla, just "as long as you are connected to wifi, you will get the updates when available".....dah. does anyone know when these firmware updates do come, will it just be one big update to the latest version or done incrementally?

Starbase Log #26:
It's been 26 days since I took delivery of my ship and have not received any word from the mothership. I have my ship connected to the transponder and try my best to keep it awake to maybe "get lucky." I have reset it multiple times and now just waiting like the mothership said on Log response #2 before they halted COMS.
Please mothership, i need this updated (well more like want than need but let's not get side tracked here).
My disappointment is immeasurable and the voices in my head refuse to leave me be.
I just want to try and see if ARNR can drown them out.

I have a Mobile Tech coming in tomorrow. Might try and see if he can push an update since the people i've spoken to on the phone have hinted that they definitely can but won't.

hinted that they definitely can but won't.
They can’t override the factory firmware hold; been there, not done that. Mine took a month. The “good” news is that not much has happened in firmware updates recently except for bug fixes, a few map UI enhancements, and Tesla recalling their FSD option to roll through stop signs.

I see that .16 is out there somewhere. It looks like they are making some major changes to the battery charging information, such as doing a 100% charge at least once a week. This is quite different than what we have seen in the last 10 - 12 years. Anyone else out there noticing this update?

I see that .16 is out there somewhere. It looks like they are making some major changes to the battery charging information, such as doing a 100% charge at least once a week. This is quite different than what we have seen in the last 10 - 12 years. Anyone else out there noticing this update?
pretty sure the 100% charging is only for the LFP batteries as there was issues with people running out of battery although it displays remaining miles. Doing so just balances the batteries.

Starbase Log #26:
It's been 26 days since I took delivery of my ship and have not received any word from the mothership. I have my ship connected to the transponder and try my best to keep it awake to maybe "get lucky." I have reset it multiple times and now just waiting like the mothership said on Log response #2 before they halted COMS.
Please mothership, i need this updated (well more like want than need but let's not get side tracked here).
My disappointment is immeasurable and the voices in my head refuse to leave me be.
I just want to try and see if ARNR can drown them out.

I have a Mobile Tech coming in tomorrow. Might try and see if he can push an update since the people i've spoken to on the phone have hinted that they definitely can but won't.
I just got notification of 2022.8.2, installing now...

• Informative
Reactions: Cyb_ and tbaud
I just got notification of 2022.8.2, installing now...
OHHHH i hope it's happening. I thought i was being smart by getting one of the Service Guys to push an update to me today because of my headlight issue to see if it would fix it. I guess their firmware push button just pushes what you're on the list for lol. He just pushed 2021.43.201 to me again haha.