TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Software Update

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Erandhawa, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Erandhawa

Erandhawa Member

Just got a notice for a software update. Will probably try to do it in a little bit. Anyone else complete it yet? It says 1hr 40min so seems big.

2. cgiGuy

cgiGuy Member

Software updates are pretty common and you'll get dozens over the next couple years of ownership.

Meet the 200+ page thread on 7.1 updates. Firmware 7.1

3. Rockster

Rockster Active Member

I got a notice yesterday and installed it last night. The update took me to 2.34.115, which appears to be the most current firmware version.

4. Erandhawa

Erandhawa Member

Yup was a minor update. Cgiguy completely agree but with 8.0 around the corner was thinking it may have been that but nope same as Rockstar got 115

5. Patrick W

Patrick W Member

If I remember correctly most (all?) updates say they are going to take that long. Actual time is usually much shorter.

Keep on top of the latest updates here (but don't be surprised if you find yourself a few behind the most current-that's normal)

http://ev-fw.com/track-reports.php?ver=7.1

• Informative x 1
  6. EVie'sDad

EVie'sDad Member

I also believe I read elsewhere this past week that it was still a few weeks away: which could now be as early as mid to late next week.

September 01, 2016
    Tesla will have major software improvement to self driving car capability in next few weeks

Elon Musk tweeted - Major improvements to Autopilot coming with V8.0 and 8.1 software (std OTA update) primarily through advanced processing of radar signals

Tesla need to do one more minor rev on 8.0 and then will go to wide release in a few weeks

Next Big Future: Tesla will have major software improvement to self driving car capability in next few weeks

7. Btrflyl8e

Btrflyl8e Active Member

I wish so hard that it comes before my road trip from Tampa to Indiana!

8. RogerHScott

RogerHScott Active Member

You want that beta testing experience bad, don'tcha? Gotta test it out under real-world conditions, far from home. I hope you don't
    wind up having to pull into Beavis Reingut's Auto Emporium in East Butt Lick, IN looking for service on that new-fangled Tess-uh-luh of yours! ;)

• Funny x 1