Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got a notice for a software update. Will probably try to do it in a little bit. Anyone else complete it yet? It says 1hr 40min so seems big.

If I remember correctly most (all?) updates say they are going to take that long. Actual time is usually much shorter.

Keep on top of the latest updates here (but don't be surprised if you find yourself a few behind the most current-that's normal)

http://ev-fw.com/track-reports.php?ver=7.1

• Informative
Reactions: EVie'sDad
I also believe I read elsewhere this past week that it was still a few weeks away: which could now be as early as mid to late next week.

September 01, 2016
Tesla will have major software improvement to self driving car capability in next few weeks

Elon Musk tweeted - Major improvements to Autopilot coming with V8.0 and 8.1 software (std OTA update) primarily through advanced processing of radar signals

Tesla need to do one more minor rev on 8.0 and then will go to wide release in a few weeks

Next Big Future: Tesla will have major software improvement to self driving car capability in next few weeks

I also believe I read elsewhere this past week that it was still a few weeks away: which could now be as early as mid to late next week.

September 01, 2016
Tesla will have major software improvement to self driving car capability in next few weeks

Elon Musk tweeted - Major improvements to Autopilot coming with V8.0 and 8.1 software (std OTA update) primarily through advanced processing of radar signals

Tesla need to do one more minor rev on 8.0 and then will go to wide release in a few weeks

Next Big Future: Tesla will have major software improvement to self driving car capability in next few weeks
I wish so hard that it comes before my road trip from Tampa to Indiana!

I wish so hard that it comes before my road trip from Tampa to Indiana!
You want that beta testing experience bad, don'tcha? Gotta test it out under real-world conditions, far from home. I hope you don't
wind up having to pull into Beavis Reingut's Auto Emporium in East Butt Lick, IN looking for service on that new-fangled Tess-uh-luh of yours! ;)

• Funny
Reactions: Btrflyl8e