Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Updates and AP1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dude you still don't get it, its not about getting new features and functionality...its about being nagged about software updates that dont add value....and in many cases adding risk by breaking features and functionality that previously worked.

Nagged... lol

I feel for ya. Must be terrible. I'll give you one thing, you're the first one here to fly the "I wish Tesla would STOP updating my car" flag.

one of strong selling point and feature which make Tesla special is ota update, if updates has no real visible value or make it even worst, then this will make their supporter and customer feel frustrated because everything we told to others becomes a lie... apparently, anyone with MCUv1 and AP1,2,2.5 would slowly experience the same after highly anticipated v10, what a joke to mcu1 owner, sad...

Reactions: evalst2018
AP1 gets updates that change it’s characteristics all the time, in fact the last update improved lane changes and lane handling in AP1 cars. Just because there isn’t a note about it in the release notes doesn’t mean there aren’t small changes making your car better.

When Tesla labels 3 year and 2 years old cars as "old", it doesn't really inspire a lot of trust. Granted a tesla is a computer on wheels, but the cost is significantly higher than an iPhone. Thus most people are not going to be able to upgrade an $80-100k every 2 years, like they do their phones.

If they were the cost of an M3, I guess it may hurt a little less.

• Funny
Reactions: ucmndd
When Tesla labels 3 year and 2 years old cars as "old", it doesn't really inspire a lot of trust. Granted a tesla is a computer on wheels, but the cost is significantly higher than an iPhone. Thus most people are not going to be able to upgrade an $80-100k every 2 years, like they do their phones.

i know, crazy right! what other carmarker doesn't continually give you updates your car after you bought it? why is tesla so behind the curve.

Dude you still don't get it, its not about getting new features and functionality...its about being nagged about software updates that dont add value....and in many cases adding risk by breaking features and functionality that previously worked.

Nagged? Really? How many software update notifications are you getting?

For me it’s usually one every month or two and then shortly after that, another small update. But with the ability to install remotely from the app, it’s no worse than a text message.

• Disagree
Reactions: evalst2018

Hell, every other car I have owned was considered “old” once I drove it off the lot.

Nagged... lol

I feel for ya. Must be terrible. I'll give you one thing, you're the first one here to fly the "I wish Tesla would STOP updating my car" flag.
You’re not paying attention.

Many have been waving this flag since Tesla took away the original two pane viewing mode on the main screen. A large contingent of us would be happy to just have our cars operate with no further updates as we were used to them operating. Eventually software advances to points that exceed the capabilities of legacy hardware. Most of us understand and accept that.

You’re not paying attention.

Many have been waving this flag since Tesla took away the original two pane viewing mode on the main screen. A large contingent of us would be happy to just have our cars operate with no further updates as we were used to them operating. Eventually software advances to points that exceed the capabilities of legacy hardware. Most of us understand and accept that.
Exactly.

For me it’s usually one every month or two and then shortly after that, another small update. But with the ability to install remotely from the app, it’s no worse than a text message.
Apart from the nag whenever I get into the car, I and now getting a notification daily on the Tesla App.

Will they increase the notifications? I guess I can delete the app, but perhaps, like a certain line in one of Elon's favorite movies, "Resistance is futile"

Um no. It's considerably worse than a text message. How often are we being nagged? Do you even own a Tesla? How about every single time you sit down in the car it's asking you to a) connect to a wifi point so it can DL or b) schedule the update that is staged? So every single time you sit down to drive is "no worse than a text message?" What are you smoking?

Um no. It's considerably worse than a text message. How often are we being nagged? Do you even own a Tesla? How about every single time you sit down in the car it's asking you to a) connect to a wifi point so it can DL or b) schedule the update that is staged? So every single time you sit down to drive is "no worse than a text message?" What are you smoking?

1. Yes I own a Tesla with MCU1.
2. I started with V8 but am not one of those who absolutely refuses to install the updates.

Moderator note (addressed to all thread participants): Please be respectful in your comments, particularly when replying to people who have different viewpoints about software updates (or well anything, but that's kinda the topic here).

Thank you,

Bruce.