Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software updates and T-Mobile 5G internet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I switched from Xfinity to T-Mobile 5G Internet and now I can't download software updates because the error says "Connect to WiFi to download" but I'm connected to my home WiFi. Any idea how to get around this?
1652445280854.png

yes, connected to T-Mobile 5G home internet. I even took the SIM card out to make sure that I'm on the home network,
The only thing I can think of is that the Tesla Server thinks I'm on a cell network and not a WiFi.
Next step is to go to the neighbors network and see if this works.

Last edited:
I can see it on the app that I'm connected to the car.... Look at the error --- It says "connect to WiFi to download" so the issue is the Tesla server thinking I'm on a mobile network. I never had an issue with Xfinity and I did not change the process.

My car is showing our home network but just spins rather than connecting. I tried to forget network and delete then reconnect and it still just spins. Reached out to Xfinity this morning to confirm all is working and they said yes. Not sure what to do as I am do for software updates.