Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Updates Causing Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was curious if anyone else has have problems after OTA software updates. It seems the last three updates, my 2020 model S would not be responsive after updating. The car would have black screens and would be non responsive and I would have to completely restart the system manually. Does this happen to anyone else with these updates? Is this something that I should be alarmed of and schedule a visit for?

I started a software update on my M3 about 1h30 ago and the car is 100% unresponsive. I tried to open some doors but now I can't close them as the windows don't go down anymore. Can't open the trunk nor frunk. The center screen is black, nothing on it. Reboot with the two wheel buttons doesn't do anything. The car appears offline from the app.
Reached out to Tesla Roadside assistance that close the case promptly saying that a software update can take up to 3 hours, but I don't buy it. I've never seen the car in that completely "dead" state. Any ideas?

My 2020 model S has demonstrated the following: loss of Sirius radio, car told me key was not present and I could not move for 10 min, and the gear shift was stuck in "P" but I could still drive......did a 2-thumb reboot and things seem ok for now....will find out tomorrow when I go driving