Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software updates in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone ever seen a 30 km/hr zone in Australia? I am not sure they exist. It generally is 25 or 40. This article calls for a 30 zone No Cookies | Herald Sun . Perhaps we need to lobby against 30 zones and just get Tesla to tell the computer that we don't have 30 zones in Australia so must be 80.
What's your speed for road works? In NZ roadworks are 30 and it's also that through busy suburban areas with shops etc.

Has anyone ever seen a 30 km/hr zone in Australia? I am not sure they exist. It generally is 25 or 40. This article calls for a 30 zone No Cookies | Herald Sun . Perhaps we need to lobby against 30 zones and just get Tesla to tell the computer that we don't have 30 zones in Australia so must be 80.

I have seen proper, full time 30 zones in Noosa and Surfers Paradise - oh, and they were read by the car correctly as 30, not 80 :)

10 and 20 have been read. 10 as tram speed, 20 as a private property speed sign. The sensor (camera) detects the image and it is matched with data base and posts on drivers screen. I would imagine if the what has been sensed is unclear it posts what is closest within a tolerance or if it is unclear it does not post eg: a tree branch in front of the sign.

10 and 20 have been read. 10 as tram speed, 20 as a private property speed sign. The sensor (camera) detects the image and it is matched with data base and posts on drivers screen. I would imagine if the what has been sensed is unclear it posts what is closest within a tolerance or if it is unclear it does not post eg: a tree branch in front of the sign.
If it has doubts as to a clear reading, then (and only then) it reverts to the GPS database.

Finally received the update to summon late this afternoon.

Me too... Now if only want 2000km away in Melbourne!

image.jpeg