Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Updates Issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Carbonmedic

MYLR, Blue, 19”, black interior, 5 seats, OD 5/26
Aug 9, 2021
El Cajon, CA
My 2021 MY has apparently lost our WIFI. It will not connect and continues to search for a WIFI but comes up empty handed. I would like to add a new network (my own) but it asks me if I want to delete the "WIFI Network." Should I ignore the notification and continue with the process of adding my personal WIFI?

Does anyone have an answer or has anyone experienced the same thing? The car has always automatically recognized my WIFI (after initial set-up) but now it doesn't. Weird.

Thank you for your help/advice.

Rick

I just visited my brother for a couple of weeks and my Y could not see his WiFi at all, even when in his garage where the signal was pretty strong. Today I arrived home, and now it can't see my own WiFi network. So a search brought me here.

I want to reboot, but the Owner's Manual doesn't have the word reboot anywhere in it. A brief search of these boards turned up many references to rebooting, but I didn't come across any about how to reboot.

So... how do I reboot my Y?

Thanks!

(I'm hoping it clears up another issue too.)

Page 52 of current Model Y Owner's Manual:

Restarting the Touchscreen
You can restart your touchscreen if it is unresponsive or demonstrates unusual behavior.

WARNING: Only restart the touchscreen while the vehicle is stopped and in Park. The car status display, safety warnings, backup camera, etc. will not be visible during the restart.
1. Shift into Park.
2. Hold down both scroll buttons on the steering wheel until the touchscreen turns black.
3. After a few seconds, the Tesla logo appears. Wait approximately 30 seconds for the touchscreen to restart. If the touchscreen is still unresponsive or demonstrating unusual behavior after a few minutes, try power cycling the vehicle.

Thanks folks. For several days, I could not get the software update to download. It would not recognize my wi-fi network. Kept searching. I rebooted the router a few times and moved the MY closer to the house to no avail. I then found this thread and restarted the touchscreen per above instruction and, voila.

Thank you!