Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software updates on 2021 Model 3s?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone with a refreshed Model 3 gotten a software update? I'm new to Tesla so Im unsure how it works, but my car came with 2020.35.202.1 and it hasnt changed. My car doesnt have the PIN to open the glove box or anything else that would have came out recently. Now I see theres a new 2020.44.15 thats recently came out and I dont know what I need to do to get it. My car downloaded a game and a navigation update but that's it.

Has anyone with a refreshed Model 3 gotten a software update? I'm new to Tesla so Im unsure how it works, but my car came with 2020.35.202.1 and it hasnt changed. My car doesnt have the PIN to open the glove box or anything else that would have came out recently. Now I see theres a new 2020.44.15 thats recently came out and I dont know what I need to do to get it. My car downloaded a game and a navigation update but that's it.

There isnt anything you can do to make your car download OTA updates faster. This is something that tends to confuse new tesla owners especially, since they think of the OTA updates like iOS or Android updates, that you can trigger as soon as they are available, when you want.

it doesnt work quite like that, unfortunately. Tesla staggers releases of these updates, and there will be times when you wont even get "update X" because your car will skip it. Tesla staggers releasing these updates to various cars with various configurations. In addition, NEW cars can take from "a few days to a few weeks" to get their first software update.

This is a much wordier way of saying what @sduck just said above, which is "it will come eventually, you have to be patient".

Reactions: sduck
I had the same question and learnt here that there is not a single pattern for the release of new updates. I am on the same software with you and yet didn't hear anyone with 2021 model having a newer software.

Reactions: BHouse
I never got any of the updates for several months after buying my car. Only after booking a service appointment in the app did they remotely force the update to happen...since then I get updates at regular intervals. Give it a month then book a service appointment in the app.

I don’t like anyone with a heat pump, performance model 3, or a refreshed model 3.
So I can’t help you, as a 2018 AWD model 3 owner. ...
;)

I don't like anyone with premium sound

186-1862956_middle-finger-laughing-emoji-stickers-by-nsty-middle-finger-emoji-png.png

There’s a rumor that if you park in a Service Center parking lot and connect the car to their Wi-Fi it would trigger a download. Don’t know if it’s been debunked or not.

Sometimes there are problems. Took me about 2 weeks to get an update after buying. Then it stopped getting any. Finally made a SC appt and they said they had to side load the next update manually. It wouldn’t down load OTA. After that it’s worked fine for the most part.

Had an issue where key cards stopped working. Made another appt and tech texted me that after reviewing the logs, there was a Bluetooth firmware mismatch. He pushed an update and voila, key cards worked again.

There’s a rumor that if you park in a Service Center parking lot and connect the car to their Wi-Fi it would trigger a download. Don’t know if it’s been debunked or not.

No rumor about it. The car automatically connects to Tesla’s WiFi when at a service center. It’ll then download if the car is eligible for an update.

I accidentally triggered an update alert stopping at a Supercharger in Salt Lake City, UT. Spent the rest of our road trip with the yellow update icon showing. I wasn’t pushing an update in the middle of a road trip!

• Informative
Reactions: Pemple and hcdavis3
I have the same, received my m3 refresh on 21st November and have the same firmware as you