Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software updates paused?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My S60 is almost 38 months old… I keep a log spreadsheet on the car and track various things, including firmware updates. Here's a summary for me:

35 updates -- ranging from 4.5 / 1.33.38 to 7.1 / 2.24.30
Average time between updates: 32 days
Average time between "major" updates (.x updates -- so 7.0 to 7.1 counts): 111 days

Longest time between updates: 108 days -- from 6.0 / 1.67.28 to 6.1 / 2.2.113
Shortest time between updates: 1 day -- from 7.0 / 2.9.77 to 7.1 / 2.9.154

14 updates were performed by the service center -- just about every time the car was in they either installed or queued an update. The rest were OTA

I don't go back and check to see how long it is after "first reports" before I receive a version, but I tends to be on the slow track. Only 2 updates seemed to come within a day or so of the first report -- 5.8 / 1.49.24 (which was the air-suspension reaction one mentioned earlier, although I don't have air suspension), and 7.1 / 2.9.154

Reactions: HankLloydRight
My S60 is almost 38 months old… I keep a log spreadsheet on the car and track various things, including firmware updates. Here's a summary for me:

35 updates -- ranging from 4.5 / 1.33.38 to 7.1 / 2.24.30
Average time between updates: 32 days
Average time between "major" updates (.x updates -- so 7.0 to 7.1 counts): 111 days

Longest time between updates: 108 days -- from 6.0 / 1.67.28 to 6.1 / 2.2.113
Shortest time between updates: 1 day -- from 7.0 / 2.9.77 to 7.1 / 2.9.154

14 updates were performed by the service center -- just about every time the car was in they either installed or queued an update. The rest were OTA

I don't go back and check to see how long it is after "first reports" before I receive a version, but I tends to be on the slow track. Only 2 updates seemed to come within a day or so of the first report -- 5.8 / 1.49.24 (which was the air-suspension reaction one mentioned earlier, although I don't have air suspension), and 7.1 / 2.9.154
Just got 2.28.19... Dont see any visible changes yet

I'm also wondering if there could be a drop in the number of people reporting. Lots of new people here don't know about Tesla Traker. It used to be people like @Andyw2100 , @HankLloydRight and @dirkhh were always reminding people to update the database. I don't see much of that anymore.
I have stopped reading the forum since the switch in forum software. For a while I still popped in once every few weeks, but I'm basically no longer engaged.
The Tesla Firmware rollouts have so completely gone off plantation with random daily builds being thrown out to random cars, there is not much in the data that I find worth reporting... by my count we have 55 different builds reported. I still update the tracker when I get an update, but other than that... I've lost interest.

• Informative
Reactions: TaoJones
I have stopped reading the forum since the switch in forum software. For a while I still popped in once every few weeks, but I'm basically no longer engaged.
The Tesla Firmware rollouts have so completely gone off plantation with random daily builds being thrown out to random cars, there is not much in the data that I find worth reporting... by my count we have 55 different builds reported. I still update the tracker when I get an update, but other than that... I've lost interest.
Another good one bites the dust. Bummer. :(

I have stopped reading the forum since the switch in forum software. For a while I still popped in once every few weeks, but I'm basically no longer engaged..

I know I'm not going to convince you, and I agree with the changes in the software have been difficult at times, I've adjusted to it and spend just about as much time here as I did before. Except on mobile -- the web version just doesn't cut it compared to how Tapatalk was completely engaging and usable.

I know I'm not going to convince you, and I agree with the changes in the software have been difficult at times, I've adjusted to it and spend just about as much time here as I did before. Except on mobile -- the web version just doesn't cut it compared to how Tapatalk was completely engaging and usable.
Agree, Tapatalk made it so much easier on mobile. Maybe you can dig a little deeper with the powers that be when you're in Reno.

Oh, we all tried very hard when it went away. I don't think it's worth trying again, the answer was basically "not now, not ever."
I know and I was a pretty vocal part of that discussion. Originally they said it was due to security issues but that was debunked by Tapatalk who said they reached out to TMC to see what they were talking about and try and work through it but never heard back. I'm guessing there is some financial reason.

Reactions: HankLloydRight
Dirk, we miss you - come back:(