Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software updates to enhance the driving experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While we are asking for features. Model 3 backup camer image is way too dark and warped with the fisheye. Needs to get fixed stat! Far worse than Model S HD CAMERA

This ^^^ - i plan to a video of my current "annoyances"

I will also add that my Tesla app shows the charge port always open regardless of the state on the car. Not sure if anyone else sees this.

I have NOT seen this but that is annoying

I'm not annoyed but the open port message scared me. When I first closed the port by pushing it down It kind of snapped and then closed. When I saw the message I thought I had broken it. After going out and playing with it the "snap" is normal and all is well. I figured it was a software bug.

I'm not annoyed because after working in engineering and product development my entire adult life in silicon valley I know that bugs are part of the process of getting things right. Both the car and the app can be updated over the air and I'm sure that a fix will come soon, easy peasy.

An incredible amount of engineering goes into developing these cars. I'm just happy that the focus was on all the important stuff and it works and performs awesomely. I'm not sweating the small stuff.

This is an example of super fisheye and warped backup image. Note how cars blend into shadows and there is lot of blurring. It’s ok when still but when moving there is a lot of tearing.
View attachment 268961

This is what it looks like with a car behind you at night. It’s almost like there is no auto exposure on the camera. The model S HD camera looks crisp and clear day or night.
View attachment 268962
Wow yeah that is awful.

I will also add that my Tesla app shows the charge port always open regardless of the state on the car. Not sure if anyone else sees this.
Dunno if it's related, but Tesla did have problems with the charge port early on (specifically the 'charge port latch actuator carrier'). Solution was to replace it with an updated part. BTW the charge port actuator seems to be made by Hella - this thing

• Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones