Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently read that if you change your settings in Software to Advanced you can get the new version of software quicker. How long does this normally take till it pops up available? I'm waiting for the version 2021.36.8 where you can get live view from Android. I assume this varies but just wanted to get an idea. I think I changed it to advanced maybe 3 or 4 days ago.

Thanks,
Dave

I recently read that if you change your settings in Software to Advanced you can get the new version of software quicker. How long does this normally take till it pops up available? I'm waiting for the version 2021.36.8 where you can get live view from Android. I assume this varies but just wanted to get an idea. I think I changed it to advanced maybe 3 or 4 days ago.

Thanks,
Dave

We are all pretty much of the mind that the "advanced" switch does absolutely nothing. There is no evidence it does anything. There is no way we are aware of to "speed up" getting an update. All sorts of people have tried all sorts of things, and you must simply wait.

We are all pretty much of the mind that the "advanced" switch does absolutely nothing. There is no evidence it does anything. There is no way we are aware of to "speed up" getting an update. All sorts of people have tried all sorts of things, and you must simply wait.
Well, that makes sense from what I am seeing haha. I think this software came out a month or so. I just got my Tesla a week ago. Does it sometimes take even months till people get them?

Well, that makes sense from what I am seeing haha. I think this software came out a month or so. I just got my Tesla a week ago. Does it sometimes take even months till people get them?

yes, it does. Especially when your car is new, it can take anywhere from "1 day" to 5-6 weeks" before you even start getting software updates. After that point, even then, your car gets put into some category inside tesla. All cars are Never (ever) all on the same firmware version. For example, I am still also waiting for that firmware version on my 2018 Model 3P with FSD, and I am not in the FSD beta queue or anything.

I just havent gotten it yet.

yes, it does. Especially when your car is new, it can take anywhere from "1 day" to 5-6 weeks" before you even start getting software updates. After that point, even then, your car gets put into some category inside tesla. All cars are Never (ever) all on the same firmware version. For example, I am still also waiting for that firmware version on my 2018 Model 3P with FSD, and I am not in the FSD beta queue or anything.

I just havent gotten it yet.

Thanks, appreciate the info.

Dave

I picked up my MYLR on 11/5...
Current software is 2021.36.5.5

I've been there, done that. Software is rolled out in groups over time for a multitude of reasons and protocols. None of which include any punitive motives, nor any special favors granted.

As for the "Advanced" button,
think "Press Button to Cross Street"
and don't sweat a thing.

😎

The software updates roll out seemingly randomly. Sometimes it is regional. Sometimes you'll be one of the first to get an update, sometimes one of the last. Tesla has a method but we're not privy to it.

It's exciting to anticipate the new features, but I would try not to worry too much about it. Just make sure the car gets a good wi-fi signal at home/garage etc.

Is it safe to say that if you are a new Tesla owner, then it takes longer to receive any software updates…

Yes, generally.

Tesla owners that have had their cars
for a longer period get priority updates??

No, not really. It just takes a while for new cars to get entered into whatever database they have for pushing them out to specific configurations. No amount of posting on it, or creating new threads in other subforums on this topic, is going to speed it up.