TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Software updates

Discussion in 'Tesla' started by RaeW, Apr 19, 2017.

1. RaeW

RaeW New Member

When a software update is available, I get an email. In the car I get the update and what's new. Then I get an email that the update is successful. Why can't I get "What's New" via email so I don't have to read it in the car?

• Love x 1
  2. TexasEV

TexasEV Well-Known Member

I've never heard of an email about a firmware update. Are you sure you don't mean a notification from the Tesla app?

3. SMSMD

SMSMD Active Member

Welcome to TMC..as pointed out upthread there are no emails for software updates , it always has been notification on your phone via MY TESLA app.

• Like x 1
  4. RaeW

RaeW New Member

OK, change email to notification in two places. Question remains. It would be nice to be able to read what has changed at my desk or on my phone rather than in the car.

5. SMSMD

SMSMD Active Member

Agree it would be nice. Someday it may happen hopefully.

6. TexasEV

TexasEV Well-Known Member

Of all the possible things on Tesla's to do list, that wouldn't even make the first 1000.

7. stephenstohn

stephenstohn Supporting Member

Another nice thing would be, that you could press a button on the app that says "Install Update" rather than (in my case) getting in the elevator and down to the parking garage to start installing it :)

• Love x 1
  8. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker S 90D 2017.28 c528869

I'd be happy if I could get the notifications that an update is available. For some reason, I never get those notifications on my main device. I think I've seen them twice on my other device even though I've upgraded the software seven times since December.

9. jackB

jackB New Member

10. Mickie

Mickie Member

How about if you're still on 7.1 and want to go to the latest firmware? I began the process and it completed 1 update, but the proceeding ones don't show up and there's no way I can see how you'd push them.

11. Adri

Adri Member

Normally you always get the last update applicable for your car.
    You can't push any updates.
    You just have to patiently wait until Tesla decides to send you an update.

12. Mickie

Mickie Member

Well, I haven't updated since last August and I'm definitely not on version 8 after this last update I did, as it was minor bug fixes. Still on 7.1, the car isn't prompting anymore updates, and a service tech told me I'd probably need 4-5 separate updates to catch me up.

I'll just call the SC tomorrow and see how to get these updates going.

13. Adri

Adri Member

If you call the SC, they can manually install all updates for you, if you ask them.

14. Mickie

Mickie Member

Well, just spoke to one of the dudes at my SC, and he basically said I'll need to wait for the old updates to trickle in, which just doesn't seem right. It's been 1 week since I updated to a 7.1 bug fix and nothing has come since. Gonna call another SC to confirm or debunk.