Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

software upgrade 22.36.6 and FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I upgraded my Model Y to 22.28.2 and only to find that it could not be upgraded to the FSD Beta 10.69.2, and I will have to wait until 10.69.3 is released.

Now that I am asked to upgrade to 22.36.6, I am a little hesitant to, I do not want to delay the FSD beta,

Ay thought on this?

Thanks.

Hi, I upgraded my Model Y to 22.28.2 and only to find that it could not be upgraded to the FSD Beta 10.69.2, and I will have to wait until 10.69.3 is released.

Now that I am asked to upgrade to 22.36.6, I am a little hesitant to, I do not want to delay the FSD beta,

Ay thought on this?

Thanks.
The new Beta (69.3) is v2022.36.15 so you are good to update as you wont go past this release

Are you sure 10.69.3 is 2022.36.15?

The car downloaded the 22.36.6 by itself, and keeps asking me to install. I have been hitting the X every time I start the car, it is annoying. Anybody knows how to stop the installation reminder?

I really do not want to install and only to find out I am too far ahead for the 10.69.3, again.

Are you sure 10.69.3 is 2022.36.15?...
Look for yourself.

Reactions: Silicon Desert
It won't make any difference. You will get the updates when you get the updates. The popular rumor that you will get FSD-beta faster if you don't do other updates is just that, a rumor. You will get FSD-beta when you get FSD-beta. Mostly depends on where you are in the not clearly understood line. Safety score and miles driven with such ain't really the thing either. Just an arbitrary qualifier.

Reactions: Silicon Desert
Look for yourself.
Thanks a lot for the link!

I just received a notification that my car was downloading the update 2022.36.6, and I'm also a bit torn as to whether to actually allow that update to install or not. I know that 10.69.3 is based on the 2022.36.XX thread, so it really shouldn't prevent me from getting FSDb when it's released to an additional batch of testers (hopefully in the next week or two). However, I'm not sure there's any real compelling reason to upgrade to 2022.36.6 anyway.

Perhaps Tesla is pushing this update now knowing I'll still be able to join the FSDb group in a week or two? I definitely would not be willing to update to 2022.40.x right now!

I think I'll wait a bit to see how the roll-out of 10.69.3 goes before installing 2022.36.6...

Ay thought on this?

Thanks.
you can update if you want. It isn't going to affect next FSD. BUT, is it really worth updating since it is not significant anyway :)

Reactions: KArnold
Its now up on TeslaFi its safe to update to 2022.36.6

1667386180821.png

Reactions: aerodyne
For those that want FSDb, I just don't understand why peeps keep installing software. There is zero evidence it helps to get FSDb and plenty of evidence to say it diminishes your chances. Perhaps it makes no difference. Point is, nobody here knows. So don't press that button. May as well buy a lotto ticket. Feeling lucky? Maybe but odds are WAY against you.

I was hesitant to install 2022.36.6 when it got pushed to me yesterday, but now that it's confirmed that 10.69.3 is running on the 2022.36.x thread, I see very little risk in installing that update (it's installing on my car right now).

I don't know if Tesla is still planning to expand the FSDb pool with 10.69.3, but if they are, I'm confident I'll get in (SS of 99 for the past 3-4 months). When the big FSDb expansion happened a while back, I was already running software beyond that of the FSDb, so I was left out at that time (like many were).

I was sitting on 2022.28.2 for a LONG time, as though Tesla was intentionally not pushing me an update in order to allow me to join FSDb with 10.69.3. Now that it's clear 10.69.3 is running on 2022.36.15, I immediately got the push of 2022.36.6 (as many others here did who are waiting for FSDb).

It could be a mistake to load this update, but I don't think so...

Reactions: Smokin
Clearly FSDb candidacy has zero association with luck. It’s hubris to believe that “chances are” higher if you do or do not upgrade. Fact of the matter is that no one here truly knows the policy behind their FSD upgrade algorithm. What IS clear is that FSD compatibility is tied with base software versioning. So long that the base software is not ahead of the next release of FSD, we “should” be good from a software compatibility perspective. Whether having 2022.28.X vs 2022.36.X that is a lower number than the next FSD base software requirements has anything to do with some clandestine uograde path algorithm seems illogical. To imply there is a statistical correlation also implies the relevance of luck and chances increase if you don’t upgrade? That is nonsensical.

To imply there is a statistical correlation also implies the relevance of luck and chances increase if you don’t upgrade? That is nonsensical.
Just trying to differentiate between what is known and what is speculation. I hope your theory is right. And it likely is. But possibly not. If this were my choice to make I'd stay with what we know. Just my $.02, of course. I have no special insight.

Just a matter of what is more important for each person. If there were a feature in 2022.36.x that I really wanted, I'd upgrade too but those are very, very rare.

Don't upgrade for the sake up upgrading. There is a lot we just don't know.