Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software v21.13.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One other change that I just realized it's that after logging into to the TEG there is a new button "Go Off Grid". There doesn't appear to be equivalent functionality in the app. Not really sure what this does, best guess is that it tells the TEG to disconnect from the grid.
Screenshot_20210513-144317_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: holeydonut and jhn_
what does go off grid do?
I don't want to be the guinea pig/alpha tester on this one. I expect that it activates the switch in the TEG to disconnect from the utility grid to simulate a power loss. Maybe for pre-PTO testing?

I recall also seeing a message at one point that said the system had to be started before you can go off grid. That makes sense as you need an AC source or the inverter will shutdown.

I don't want to be the guinea pig/alpha tester on this one. I expect that it activates the switch in the TEG to disconnect from the utility grid to simulate a power loss. Maybe for pre-PTO testing?

I recall also seeing a message at one point that said the system had to be started before you can go off grid. That makes sense as you need an AC source or the inverter will shutdown.

Lol, is that "go off grid" button like a disconnect? ooooooooooooooooo
#Iseedisconnectseverywhere

I just checked my GW. Still on older fw. Does not have the go off grid option

Lucky for you, you have many disconnects to initiate a "go off grid" option.

I have two utility disconnects mounted within one foot of each other than can stop energy coming/going to PG&E. They are very pleased.
why would one or need an go off grid? By just using the app, one can make this happen I believe. I sure am off the grid still 99%. I could go 100% if
I wanted but not worth the hassle.

why would one or need an go off grid? By just using the app, one can make this happen I believe. I sure am off the grid still 99%. I could go 100% if
I wanted but not worth the hassle.

I could have swore I sent this to you before. It’s for PG&E worker safety.

I have to have one utility disconnect next to the meter (a breaker) and a big azzzz 200A utility disconnect (bladed) next to the gateway since I have a fence between the meter and gateway.

Right the IP address for your TEG gateway. Sorry, I forgot to mention that you have to log into it first with the just the IP address https://##.##.##.## then you can use the API interface.
I get the following returned so no max power info…

{"max_system_energy_kWh":0,"max_system_power_kW":0,"site_name":"Home Energy Gateway","timezone":"America/Phoenix","max_site_meter_power_kW":1000000000,"min_site_meter_power_kW":-1000000000,"nominal_system_energy_kWh":13.5,"nominal_system_power_kW":5,"grid_code":{"grid_code":"60Hz_240V_s_IEEE1547a_2014","grid_voltage_setting":240,"grid_freq_setting":60,"grid_phase_setting":"Split","country":"United States","state":"Arizona","distributor":"*","utility":"Salt River Project","retailer":"*","region":"IEEE1547a:2014"}}

I get the following returned so no max power info…

{"max_system_energy_kWh":0,"max_system_power_kW":0,"site_name":"Home Energy Gateway","timezone":"America/Phoenix","max_site_meter_power_kW":1000000000,"min_site_meter_power_kW":-1000000000,"nominal_system_energy_kWh":13.5,"nominal_system_power_kW":5,"grid_code":{"grid_code":"60Hz_240V_s_IEEE1547a_2014","grid_voltage_setting":240,"grid_freq_setting":60,"grid_phase_setting":"Split","country":"United States","state":"Arizona","distributor":"*","utility":"Salt River Project","retailer":"*","region":"IEEE1547a:2014"}}
Looks like you have a single Powerwall in your system. These are the nominal values and I see the same for myself except double yours with nominal_system_energy_kWh = 27.0 and nominal_system_power_kW = 10.0.

Can you check the API URL after you login? Replace "teg" with the IP address for your PW gateway if it doesn't resolve. That is where I see the max_discharge_power = 7000 for each of my two units. I missed this the first time, but I see something called ffr_power_availability_high = 14000 which is double the individual max numbers. I think that FFR might stand for Fast Frequency Response or Fast Frequency Reserve that indicates how quickly it can respond to a change in the load.

JSON Code Viewer - Best JSON Viewer and JSON Beautifier Online use the Tree Viewer option

{"command_source":"Configuration","battery_target_power":0,"battery_target_reactive_power":0,"nominal_full_pack_energy":27479,"nominal_energy_remaining":27479,"max_power_energy_remaining":0,"max_power_energy_to_be_charged":0,"max_charge_power":0,"max_discharge_power":10000,"max_apparent_power":10000,"grid_services_power":-0,"system_island_state":"SystemGridConnected","available_blocks":2,"battery_blocks":[{"Type":"","PackagePartNumber":"1092170-05-J","PackageSerialNumber":"TG120266xxxxx","disabled_reasons":[],"pinv_state":"PINV_GridFollowing","pinv_grid_state":"Grid_Compliant","nominal_energy_remaining":13788,"nominal_full_pack_energy":13788,"max_discharge_power":7000,"p_out":0,"v_out":244.4,"f_out":59.997},{"Type":"","PackagePartNumber":"1092170-05-J","PackageSerialNumber":"TG120266xxxxx","disabled_reasons":[],"pinv_state":"PINV_GridFollowing","pinv_grid_state":"Grid_Compliant","nominal_energy_remaining":13691,"nominal_full_pack_energy":13691,"max_discharge_power":7000,"p_out":-20,"v_out":244.70000000000002,"f_out":59.998000000000005}],"ffr_power_availability_high":14000,"ffr_power_availability_low":0,"load_charge_constraint":0,"max_sustained_ramp_rate":2500000,"grid_faults":[],"can_reboot":"Yes","smart_inv_delta_p":0,"smart_inv_delta_q":0,"last_toggle_timestamp":"2021-05-11T21:42:20.021632622-07:00","score":10000,"blocks_controlled":2,"primary":true,"auxiliary_load":0,"expected_energy_remaining":0}

I can log into https://teg/api/site_info and I get the following:

But when I simply change "site_info" to "system_status" I get the 404 page not found error unfortunately. Do you need to be logged in as installer? (I only have customer install info)

I can log into https://teg/api/site_info and I get the following:

But when I simply change "site_info" to "system_status" I get the 404 page not found error unfortunately. Do you need to be logged in as installer? (I only have customer install info)
I am logging as a Customer (I do not have an Installer account either) and it works from me. Very strange that https://teg/api/site_info works for you, but https://teg/api/system_status does not. 404 should only be returned if you typed it wrong, if you don't have access rights to one of the API commands then it says that you don't have permission.

Do you more than 1 PW? Any glitch in the import/export totals?
Only one PW and plausible import / export data. That for the battery says:
energy_exported: 5958950
energy_imported: 6990200

which is consistent with the overall 85% efficiency I calculated a year or two ago (my battery has a relatively easy life particularly during the summer half of the year when it rarely gets below 50% charge).