Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software v21.35.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went from 21.20.6 to 21.35.0 overnight on the 30th. No obvious operational changes for me nor are there any new options. The only change I saw was a display mapping for my iPad mini. I have an old mini that I leave on and logged into the TEG - a real time monitor in portrait display format. I was previously able to resize the display so that it just showed energy flow (and not the go off grid / stop system buttons). The new display mapping now shows those buttons and can't eliminate them.

Went from 21.20.6 to 21.35.0 overnight on the 30th. No obvious operational changes for me nor are there any new options. The only change I saw was a display mapping for my iPad mini. I have an old mini that I leave on and logged into the TEG - a real time monitor in portrait display format. I was previously able to resize the display so that it just showed energy flow (and not the go off grid / stop system buttons). The new display mapping now shows those buttons and can't eliminate them.
Request desktop page instead of mobile

I've been seeing strange results the last couple of days with grid usage on 21.35.0. I am running two PW's on Self-Powered with 50% reserve. Storm watch off. This morning (attached), while spotty solar with cloud cover, solar is more than enough to cover home use. While battery is charging, I keep getting 300-400 watt draws from the grid. Last night as the sun was going down, batteries at 100%, the system was pulling 100% from the grid for about 2 hours.
Before 21.35.0, Self powered was just that. I only pulled from the grid once battery hit reserve. Or demand necessitated grid use.
Am I missing something?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-10-04 at 10.12.49.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-04 at 10.12.49.png
    318.1 KB · Views: 65
21.35.0 here. I don't know if it's related, but my app stops logging data after 6 PM, then starts logging data again at midnight. If I log out and log back in the next day, all of the data from the day before appears. I assume at least some others are experiencing the same. Unlikely that it's a problem on my end.

Are you talking about the Tesla mobile app or your own data logger?

I’ve been having local API auth issues since the upgrade. I’ve yet to detect a meaningful pattern. I eventually get a timeout from one of my requests and then my app (Python) is unable to reconnect. Reconnection attempts time out and then sometimes I start getting 401 “bad credentials” or 429 “API Limit reached fro this endpoint” errors. When I restart the process (Python) it connects immediately and is able to log data for hours. 🤷‍♂️

I'm on 21.35 with Android and able to pinch to zoom when on desktop page. Maybe iOS is different
Can pinch and zoom just fine - the problem appears to be a new battery icon which is shorter - which brings the stop and go buttons up into the vicinity of the energy icons. Not a big deal - it's just that the iPad is hung on a wall near my thermostat so I can get an idea of the AC pull and battery capacity after dark...and the random person standing there could inadvertently press one of them. It's just my wife and I here, so that's not an issue - but the grandkids...

as v21.35.x fixed some of my issues, I still have to reset the gaweway once every couple of weeks, as my system randomly will stop produce solar and will put the PW in standby mode, which will prompt to import from the grid altho the PWs are 60%+ charged. I have found that reseting the Gataway will bring it back to expected behavior

Can pinch and zoom just fine - the problem appears to be a new battery icon which is shorter - which brings the stop and go buttons up into the vicinity of the energy icons. Not a big deal - it's just that the iPad is hung on a wall near my thermostat so I can get an idea of the AC pull and battery capacity after dark...and the random person standing there could inadvertently press one of them. It's just my wife and I here, so that's not an issue - but the grandkids...
Zoom in until the button are out of view 😅

I’ve been having local API auth issues since the upgrade. I’ve yet to detect a meaningful pattern. I eventually get a timeout from one of my requests and then my app (Python) is unable to reconnect. Reconnection attempts time out and then sometimes I start getting 401 “bad credentials” or 429 “API Limit reached fro this endpoint” errors. When I restart the process (Python) it connects immediately and is able to log data for hours. 🤷‍♂️
Talking about the Tesla app on IOS. The problem is resolved by swiping downward on the data page. For example, my home usage for yesterday will show consumption until about 6:00 PM, then zero for the rest of the evening, until midnight, when it starts logging data again. A simple "swipe downward" while on the consumption page updates everything.

I have version 21.35.0 since Oct 1, and so far here are my observations:

1) I don't see the trickle charges anymore. They used to show as blue spikes (grid) in powerwall graph.

2) Battery degradation as seen in total_pack_enegery API field is now back. With 21.31.0, the degradation stopped declining, but after 21.35.0, it started to decline each day again.

Zoom in until the button are out of view 😅
Nice. A bit obvious, but nice. From the obvious perspective - tried it before my original post. If you zoom in far enough to take the buttons out of view, all you can see are the solar icon and the battery icon. It's a trivial display issue - my only concern is a random touch on a red button can cause havoc. They should be on a secondary screen, so that there is clear intent and purpose when executing. Randomness is not a plan...

I'm in the UK and this is happening for me now. did you get any answers. TESLA support for this product is rubbish.

Looks like the latest versions had some improvements for cold weather. Would be interesting to see what the Wall Connector integration looks like if anyone is in the beta.

Reactions: preilly44