Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Ver. 2019.20.2.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can be added to the list updated. Received the notification yesterday late afternoon and installed it about 1/2 hr before the car was set to start charging. Install completed and car charged. 270 at 90%. I've noticed the 90% range has slowly been decreasing over the months and haven't rebalanced in a while so will try to do that soon and see how it shakes out.

I did notice the screen looked bright when I drove it this morning. We'll be taking the car tonight so interested to see how the Auto setting looks at night.

Last edited:
I was given this advice by Tesla support. They told me to do the following after every update:

1. Reset the touchscreen

Shift into Park and hold down both scroll buttons on the steering wheel until the touchscreen turns black and the Tesla logo appears then release the scroll buttons. Within approximately 30 seconds, the touchscreen restarts.

2. Power off the car

You can power off Model 3 by touching Controls > Safety & Security > Power Off. Allow 3 minutes for the car to completely power off then
Model 3 automatically powers back on again if you press the brake pedal or touch the touchscreen.

This should bring your functionality back.

This is exactly what I was told and have done after each update.

Might be my imagination but auto steer seems better on this update. There is a side street that used to confuse autopilot a little bit because of no right lane line. Autopilot would see the side street and would veer a tiny bit towards the side street before straightening out again. Nothing dangerous but noticeable. Now, autopilot goes perfectly straight.

Reactions: ibGeek
They may be playing with the displayed numbers. Maybe
they're exploring ways to best preserve battery life. There's
no direct way that I know of to see how much charge is really
on the system/battery at any displayed charge level. The
whole idea of reading charge as "miles", or even as "%" is
only a rough indicator. The battery hasn't lost or gained cells.
And you never get all the mileage displayed under real driving
conditions. I'd say don't obsess about it, maybe try a full
charge to reset, let things shake out over time and updates.

Reactions: FloridaGary
After updating to 2019.20.2.1 had same auto brightness dim screen and had to adjust manually.

Also, Bluetooth was disconnected, even though I was able to unlock and enter the car. iPhone 6s plus with most recent update.

BTW, why would you need to reboot your car every time that you get an update? Doesn’t the car have to after an install anyway? It cannot be driven during an update.

Had 2019.16.3.2 when I picked up my P3D on the 7th. Last night I had my first S/W update to 2019.20.2.1. Everything went well on the drive to work. Same as before as far as I could tell. Came out after 9 hours and put in reverse, backup camera shows black, it does show the lines, but no image. I did the two button Reboot, no fix. So I went ahead and drove home. On the way home I noticed, no cruise control, no Autopilot, and the car display only showed my car, like all the sensors were dead? I'm at home again, car is charging, and has WiFi. Any help?
I had the se issue with autopilot. Support advised me to restart the computer (with the 2 wheel buttons) and let it sit about an hour without driving it. It worked, I hope it works for you too. Was caused by sentry mode. Also, before you reset, remove the flash drive u use for sentry and switch off sentry mode.

My LR AWD model 3 used to charge to 278 at 80%. Seems with 2019.20.2.1 I’m at 270 now. I have a little over 11,000 miles and have owned it for 8 months. Hopefully this is a bug and will be fixed when I receive the new update.