Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software version 17.34 2448cfc

Peteybabes

redneck drivin' a tesla...
Apr 8, 2016
'murica
So I got one of these messages again:

"Software version 2017.34 2448cfc was just detected on a Tesla model XP90D with Autopilot hardware. The highest previous version was 2017.32.17 722130c. You were alerted per your settings on TeslaFi.com."

Well, i have a XP90D but it doesn't specify which autopilot hardware version...

Oh well, I'm headed into the SC next week for a gasket to get replaced so i should hopefully get bumped up to this.

• Informative
  • Disagree
Reactions: GSP and DeeC

Peteybabes

redneck drivin' a tesla...
Apr 8, 2016
'murica
I got this yesterday on my X90D AP1. The release notes are completely empty for me - except the standard single line 'bug fixes and stability improvements' - so no need to be excited I think
good to know, thanks.

i will be taking my car down it's normal test roads (curves, tunnels, hills, etc.) to see how it performs. i will especially be trying out lane change as i still think that it's a bit abrupt on the highway...

mickey6

Jul 11, 2017
Virginia
Installed the update on my 90D AP2 but haven't tested yet. If this is update is as good as the rain sensing wiper capability, I am going to call it a day!

BigMskiman

Mar 14, 2016
Pleasanton, CA
Installed yesterday after them not pushing other updates in-between. Concur with smoother auto-steering observations, but only a day of commute driving so far.

old |v8.1(17.28 c528869)| AP2 |
new |v8.1(17.34 2448cfc)| AP2 |

scottf200

Feb 3, 2013
Chicagoland ModelX S603
just got this. release notes is just 'bug fixes' - no new functionality

I tried to add the new version to ev-fw but it didn't seem to want to accept it
It is there now. 45 today so far...

I7HqAUX.jpg

josher32

Oct 29, 2015
Portland, OR
Got it yesterday at Service Center. Overall seems more stable and smoother autopilot but still along way to go off freeway. Seems to still jump center line way more than it should be.

ninefiveone

Jun 7, 2017
SF Bay Area
5 hrs in the car today with 17.34.

Incremental improvements in AP2. Slightly more locked into the lane. Biggest improvement was stop and go local traffic. Far less likely to hug the left or right side, but will still have the occasional hug/stray across the line.

Caveat that AP2 in our car has been fairly good across all the recent releases, with none of the severe issues some have experienced. So for us this has been a fairly small incremental improvement in highway performance, nice small improvement in local traffic.

Doctt

Mar 11, 2017
Los angles
5 hrs in the car today with 17.34.

Incremental improvements in AP2. Slightly more locked into the lane. Biggest improvement was stop and go local traffic. Far less likely to hug the left or right side, but will still have the occasional hug/stray across the line.

Caveat that AP2 in our car has been fairly good across all the recent releases, with none of the severe issues some have experienced. So for us this has been a fairly small incremental improvement in highway performance, nice small improvement in local traffic.
What version did U update from?

Freedom101

Jul 8, 2017
Vancouver BC
I was at the service center today and received the update 2017.34 (I had 2017.28). Installing overnight and will test tomorrow. More than anything I hope it has fixed the speed limit issue I've had in Canada.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC