Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Version 20.40.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apparently I've just got 20.40.3 on my Gateway, I'm guessing around 21:00 this evening because that's when my logging script stopped recording meter data....

...Has anyone else seen the meters at /api/meters/aggregates go from INT to FLOAT values? Just me?

(Specifically the houseImport/houseExport, gridImport/gridExport, batteryImport/batteryExport and solarImport/SolarExport values... just became FLOAT values of the same resolution as the previous INT values - Wh)
I just got that update overnight to 20.40.3 as well, and I can confirm I see that, except that the import/export data for battery still appears to be an integer on the API - others are a float. Fortunately for me, I had been storing the data as floats already, so my logging still appears to be working. I do think I remember others previously displaying as integers, but not certain. (My battery import/export numbers actually may not have changed yet since the update as I am in backup-only, so it is possible it is due to that, depending on how Tesla stored the data before the change.)

• Informative
Reactions: henleyregatta
8am PST today for me, 1.50.1 to 20.40.3. Seems like they went wide with the distribution today.

Not familiar with their car versioning, is the .40 the week number? If so that would be late Sept/early Oct, wonder if maybe it's basically the same FW just with a new number.

I'm on 20.40.3 as of right now, not sure when the switchover happened though my automation reported that the Powewall was unreachable last night for a few minutes (though that periodically happens at night during what I assume are service restarts or updates) at about 13:30 GMT and again at 14:00 GMT.

My automation was configured as doubles so I noticed no interruption in data collection. Interesting that they made the switch, not sure that tenths of a watt matter...

My system updated to ver 2.40.3 also in the last 24 hours around 9:30 am PST. My equipment did some type of reset/reboot and I pulled a few seconds of grid power during the event.
I'm now on 2.40.3 was appearrs to have been installed at about 02:10. I appear to be one of the select few to have had all three of the 20.40.x versions. :)
My PW/PV system was installed on 12/1 and I had ver 2.40.1 and then 2.40.2 also.

My version switched from 1.5.x -> 20.40.3 last night and now I see clickable "Grid Services" icon under Powerwall label that invokes a separate window explaining what "Grid Services" are. Interesting that GS icon appeared at toolbar in Energy Usage screen few days earlier.
No details on version as well.

• Informative
Reactions: MorrisonHiker
My version switched from 1.5.x -> 20.40.3 last night and now I see clickable "Grid Services" icon under Powerwall label that invokes a separate window explaining what "Grid Services" are. Interesting that GS icon appeared at toolbar in Energy Usage screen few days earlier.
No details on version as well.
can u provide a screenshot? I don't see anything you referring to here. I have the Android version of app.

can u provide a screenshot? I don't see anything you referring to here. I have the Android version of app.

I think (but am not 100% sure), that the "grid services" has to do with the programs that some utilities have that lets one sign up to let the utility pull power from the powerwall to support the grid when they need extra power in exchange for "some money".

We dont have it in california.

Attachments

• 017AAB96-2D1D-491D-A1BD-6A0666E102F9.png
    017AAB96-2D1D-491D-A1BD-6A0666E102F9.png
    410.8 KB · Views: 94
  • 87386806-A6B9-4813-B7C2-2EAB9BAD7490.png
    87386806-A6B9-4813-B7C2-2EAB9BAD7490.png
    673.2 KB · Views: 79