Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Version 2018.50.6 - No new features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the Tesla 3 Owner's manual, they specifically state under Cautions for Exterior Cleaning - "Do not use windshield treatment fluids. Doing so can interfere with wiper friction and cause a chattering sound."

Have you noticed this issue?

Yes on my Model S. But then I just wipe the blades themselves off and that seems to help. Same with non Tesla vehicles.

I'm with you, for some reason wipers annoy me and I only want minimal usage. (Annoys my wife ro no end) The lowest setting isn't low enough for me so I'm mainly a "stalker".

I would like to be able to control the delay speed by how often I tap the stalk button. To reset it back to a long delay, hold in the button for a second or two. The programmed delays are too fast.

Auto lane change seems to have become much worse for me. The past two days I’ve had multiple hesitations when my 3 was doing an auto lane change. It would start changing lanes and then think there was a car or other obstacle in the way when there wasn’t anything at all and it would ping pong back between the lane I was currently in and the lane I was trying to change to. After the third attempt it made to change lanes I got frustrated and took over control. I’ve never experienced so many issues with auto lane change before. After each incident I submitted a bug report.

Maybe something on the cameras or a malfunction.

Reactions: Castlerock
standardization before massive upgrade to version 60. You need to be at 50.6 before 60 will install correctly.

In case you’re not joking on the version number, there won’t be a 2018.60.x version from Tesla. The Tesla version number format is <year>.<week of year>.<revision>. Since there are only 52 weeks in the year, no version 60. The versions are numbered when the software is built, which means there are a few weeks from when it gets built to when it gets installed on customer cars to go through some form of internal testing process.

In all likelihood, the next version we see in the wild will be a 2019.1 or 2019.2 version.

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: cstork and SoCalGuy
Yep, bloody annoying. Had it since the 2018.48 update.

I am getting extremely peeved with it as well (especially since in L.A., many times it resets to 18 mph). I now turn off and on TACC each time I override which is a pain in the butt.

As it is not on the Owner's Manual, I've decided it's a bug (although I know it's not) and do a bug report every time it happens.

Auto wiper algorithm has been improved but still broken in some cases. I would say say it's about 75% reliable at the moment.

Yep. Had our first rain since updating and was so happy the sensors were actually sensing rain!! Didn't have to use the push button wiper functionality at all! It was pretty much worthless before the update and had to use manual functionality. Not today!

In case you’re not joking on the version number, there won’t be a 2018.60.x version from Tesla. The Tesla version number format is <year>.<week of year>.<revision>. Since there are only 52 weeks in the year, no version 60. The versions are numbered when the software is built, which means there are a few weeks from when it gets built to when it gets installed on customer cars to go through some form of internal testing process.

In all likelihood, the next version we see in the wild will be a 2019.1 or 2019.2 version.

I think you’re forgetting the months of Undecember (a.k.a. Hendecember) and Dodecember. :D

For all of the naysayers that think auto lane changes are unaffected and it is human perception that thinks there is change .... I use EAP every day on my unchanging commute. It's a great way to evaluate EAP changes after an update. Perfect? No. Effective? Yes. My EAP embarrasses me more with the latest update. Especially with auto lane changes. Is it broken? No, but it is a step backwards.

Just press the button on the left stalk first and that will bring up the wiper card.

It does seem that the wipers are being under utilized; what bothers me is that making changes to the wiper speed is more of a process than in my other cars; I sometimes find that I'm swiping through the display trying to get to the wiper settings - depending on what is being displayed at the time - vs a quick twist on a streering stalk - it breaks with the Model 3's simplicity of design and useability experience.

Tesla definately needed to do more work on this; I hope it is something that can be resolved through software, but I suspect there may be more to it. Another major issue people have noted in the rain is that water rushes into the trunk (while opening) from the rear glass during a heavier downpour. I can't remember having this problem with my other cars either.

Auto wipers have worked well for me the past couple of days in SoCal. I didn’t have a major problem with them before, but in previous software updates there was a tendency once in a while for the wipers to go crazy fast with light spotting which I didn’t notice in this release. Not much of an opportunity in SoCal to test the wipers before the rain outbursts in recent weeks, so it’s been kind of cool to see them in action.

Anyone else notice better merging car detection? With NoA (but probably regular AP too), when cars merge into your lane at slow speeds, they seem to be picked up and tracked before they even cross your lane line, eg when another car starts to merge into the space your car leaves in front when traffic ahead begins moving again. At speed there’s still a bit of delay though.

Last edited:
has collision warning sensitivity changed at all between 48.12.1 and 50.6? After the upgrade yesterday I have been getting a ton of these warnings even though I had both versions set to 'Late' and in 48.12.1 it pretty much never false alerted me.

Just received notification that 2018.50.6 4ec03ed was available for our 2015 Tesla S (AP1). When the software started updating it said it may take 1 Hour 20 minutes but the update was done in 15 minutes! Is this common? We do have Google fiber with gigabit speed so we do get about 900 MBPS on Wi-Fi in the garage.

Also it seems that we AP1 car owners are at the bottom of the totem-pole via-a-vis software updates and functionality. Granted these "old" cars do not have the CPU power or the sensors to take advantage of the newer functionality.

Will definitely look into Tesla S with AP 3 with Tesla's new AI chip when it becomes available.