Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Version 2018.6 7ffa6f7

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Shows in front. It detects objects on the side cause I see the sensors light up. I don't have enhanced auto pilot, so I'm not sure if it's supposed to actually show the cars o. The side or not.

I got up this morning and there is another update available

Just upgraded from 2018.4.7, and maybe it’s me but I don’t see any difference in the notes. The roadside piece? Was that there before?

661475CE-5189-4C5A-8B4B-96A735D4BEDA.jpeg

Reactions: MelaniainLA
You’ll see a lot of releases especially on AP2 cars where EAP gets refined all the time now. Notes will be the same but some code behind the scenes has been adjusted.

"EAP gets refined all the time"????

Had mine since June '17, currently on 2018.50.3, no significant changes in that EAP feature since sometime last year, still not AP1 equivalent yet as per dependence on Speed Limit database from over 3 years ago, but "easy exit", Auto-wipers, are nice but available in other manufacturers for years, so welcome Tesla to the decade.

While OP has 2018.6.7xxxx , may have different update and release notes than those with EAP.

Yep, us EAP owners are still waiting for the E.... yet we patiently wait.... over a year for many...

Had mine since June '17, currently on 2018.50.3, no significant changes in that EAP feature since sometime last year, still not AP1 equivalent yet as per dependence on Speed Limit database from over 3 years ago, but "easy exit", Auto-wipers, are nice but available in other manufacturers for years, so welcome Tesla to the decade.

While OP has 2018.6.7xxxx , may have different update and release notes than those with EAP.

Yep, us EAP owners are still waiting for the E.... yet we patiently wait.... over a year for many...

Travwill is right. EAP code changes occurring in practically every release. It's like a roach bug. Just because you don't see them or notice them, it doesn't mean they are not there :) I just wish there could be more significant improvements to EAP with each release.

Really? So no improvement since June? We took delivery of our second MX in June of ‘17 and our AP has increasingly gotten better and more reliable. I’m still on 50.3 as well on one of our MX and feel it’s pretty solid. There are differently areas it could improve but overall it’s better than our AP1 vehicle. Have you ever had SC look into your camera calibration or anything else?

As a previous AP1 owner, I may have agreed with you 6 months ago and certainly posted as much. Up to about a month ago, I regretted getting rid of my AP1, but that’s no longer the case.

I’ll address autosteer capability and not the convenience part since you highlighted the E. Compared to an AP1, the car drives differently in AP2. A good example is how an AP1 ignores a merging car. Where as an AP2 used to swerve to try to avoid it, slam on the brakes, or both. Used to being the keyword. It has been noticeable for the car smoothing it out and eases off to allow the merge.

On AP1, I used it for approximately 13 miles a day on my commute with an occasional takeover. On AP2, I used it for less than 5 miles in the first half of 2017 without takeovers. Trying to use it for the same 13 mike stretch had enough takeovers to annoy me. I now use it for about 25 miles of my commute without any takeovers.

These stretches of that include highway interchanges which the car navigates. It doesn’t decide to take it on its own, I have to signal it into the lane. But even in construction the car navigates it. One year ago, I tried the same intersection and it tried to kill me on AP1. 6 months ago I tied it and it couldn’t figure out what to do in an AP2. The last 1-2 months though have been a phenomenal amount of improvement in autosteer and the first I haven’t missed my AP1. It’s not perfect, but There certainly have been noticeable changes to the programming.

I agree that there’s been huge improvements to AP2 in the last few months. I commonly go 60+ miles now on the interstate with AP2 engaged the whole time without issue. The only time recently when I’ve not been able to use it on the interstate was when there was too much snow to see the lane lines.

Remaining area for improvement is in local roads. In a drive down Whidbey Island last week, I found it still struggled with tight turns, and got confused at the way some intersections were designed. But overall it was still pretty good.

Agree with everyone else.

AP2 progress is one of the most watched and obsessed over things about Tesla. Every step forward (and every step backward) has been discussed at length on this and other forums.

There is growing consensus that AP2 is at parity or even better than AP1. Its pretty clear there’s a notable release in beta now.

Sure this is all happening slower than anyone would like. AP2 and the way/speed it improves is certainly not for everyone. Machine learning can be slow but the results are far superior to traditional programming. To say AP2 hasn’t improved at all is to ignore easily available and well documented observations.

Great functioning EAP is no longer a doubt in my opinion. Just a matter of data collection and time. FSD in the next 2 years is still a question mark, though.

FSD is 100% doable in the next 6 months...in Elon time.

I do think FSD will be "working" for a very long time before we see it in our cars. I recall Elon having local road high speed auto-steer in his Tesla for months before we saw it.

I didn't even have cruise control day 1 of delivery so its been interesting to see the progress though we all hope for more updates and faster.

I think as far as driving goes, the system is probably more capable than we know I’m predictable situations and roads. But the two primary concerns would be first regulatory approval. The second for me is small object detection in unexpected circumstances - whether it be animals like deer, or children. I’m inclined to think it’ll come in waves depending on when law passes.