Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Version 2022.24.8 deleted driver profiles, homelink setting and turned off mobile access

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A recent auto update of software to version 2022.24.8 on our 2018 M3LR ended up disabling mobile access, deleting all driver profiles and deleting homeland settings in addition to changing other internal settings. Has anyone else had to to do extensive reconfiguration after a software update? Our past experience is that we just have to figure our new configurations or different features....but we have never lost profiles or had settings change so drastically....Not happy but finally back to where we were yesterday albeit with "new" and "improved software!!!

It’s uncommon, but software updates have been known to reset everything. It isn’t supposed to happen, but it can.
^ That. It has nothing to do with the software version itself, it just happens sometimes, although rarely.

I had the same thing happen to my M3 LR once. The car thought it was in California although it was still in Ontario, speed limit signs were European and it took lord knows how many reboots to get back to normal. The only thing that's left from this occurrence is that I lost the trip counters, so Trip B no longer shows the lifetime Wh/km as it used to. Instead, they both reset.