Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Version 9/10 for Non-AP/Classic Cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, yes; the preheating itself works just fine. No problems there.
However, in the not so distant past (arount Christmas), the car also used to turn on defrost of rear and front windows in low outside temperatures. This was shown in the app by either the defrost symbol (and text) and in the latest APP version showing the rear and front windows in redish color.
This defrosting is now missing (not shown at least).

Yes on mine it shows both defrosting and battery heater on when warming the car, that was what I ment.

Since the update, the temp set at 21C (70F) doesn't seem comfortable anymore. Outdoor temperatures are/were just below freezing (-5C-0C). I used to drive without a jacket and now I always need one. I tried going up 25C, even to HI and not much difference.
The preheating works well (first winter for me though) but on the road the temp drops for some reason.

I have the car in for service for the steering bolts recall. Since is out of warranty they want to charge for diagnostic the HVAC system. It's is fair if it's not caused by the firmware update. I didn't have this issue before however, it could also be a coincidence.

Did you guys notice similar behavior?

ps. I got a loaner P100D. Mine is a Signature P85. Too bad it's been snowing since I got it yesterday and I cannot really try the AP and the ludicrous mode :(

Is it possible that Range Mode was switched on?

Reactions: RiverBrick
Does it let me have the rear view camera on top, and the nav on the bottom? If not, then no.

My default in V8 was camera on top, media on bottom. I rarely used Nav because I prefer Waze (on my phone, mounted next to the MCU). I resisted going to V9 until this mode was replicable.

V9 has the Nav as the MCU background at all times. Opening Media and/or Camera shrinks the size of the Nav portion and squeezes it toward the top, since the other apps launch from the bottom. With large Media and Cam open, Nav takes up about the top 3" of the MCU. You can also reduce the size of the media player (or remove it altogether) which would make Nav larger, but it will be above the camera view. The smallest Nav (3" above media+camera) is still fairly usable.

Further, if you use guided navigation, you can still have the next turn appear in the Instrument Cluster, which (IMO) reduces the need for seeing larger Nav on the MCU.

Just my experience, YMMV.

Release notes for 2018.50.6:

Firmware update 2018.50.6 2221crop 2-2-19.jpg

Nothing of significance for classic cars save, perhaps, the phone app control of seat and steering wheel heaters. (Those warm up so quickly I am puzzled why anyone would want to preheat them.)

This seems to be the latest "firmware for classics" thread...

Does anybody have seat heaters via the app working correctly?

I can turn the car HVAC on, but no matter what setting I have the seat heaters on via the app, my seats never appear to be warm once I get to the car.

My car is an early '13, so not sure if that's the issue, or if it perhaps it's something folks with later cars are experiencing as well?

I can turn the car HVAC on, but no matter what setting I have the seat heaters on via the app, my seats never appear to be warm once I get to the car.

My car is an early '13, so not sure if that's the issue, or if it perhaps it's something folks with later cars are experiencing as well?

Yes mine work 2014 no ap and on firemfire 50.8

Reactions: scaesare

My 2015 same issue. One workaround I found, which works about half the time, is turn on HVAC let the car pre-heat for few minutes, then go back to the app, turn off seat heater, then turn it back on - same for heated steering wheel (I know, not an issue for 2013 cars).

Got updated from 2019.12.1.1 to 2019.16.2, apparently a wide release. As usual, the thread about "16.X" is all about AP — good luck teasing out any info useful to pre-AP cars.

One fix I have already noticed is that the folder view sort order in USB media has been corrected. In 12.1.1 my longest folder — more than three hours — didn't have the tracks sort in the correct order even though it worked fine in previous firmware versions. (Folders of seventy minutes or less sorted correctly.) In 16.2 all my folders sort correctly in "folder view," the most useful way to play USB media IME.

The release notes for 2019.16.2:

Firmware release notes page 1crop_2278 5-30-19.jpg

Firmware release notes page 2crop_2279 5-30-19.jpg

Firmware release notes page 3crop_2280 5-30-19.jpg

I have read some people reporting that their Typical/Rated Range has dropped after upgrading to 2019.16.x. There was also evidence presented from ScanMyTesla (before and after upgrade) which shows a reduction in useable kWh when full which would explain the lower TR/RR.

Is that something you observed too?

I have read some people reporting that their Typical/Rated Range has dropped after upgrading to 2019.16.x. There was also evidence presented from ScanMyTesla (before and after upgrade) which shows a reduction in useable kWh when full which would explain the lower TR/RR.

Is that something you observed too?
Can't say yet. I rarely charge to a high SOC except when on a road trip, so no good frame of reference. (I keep my SOC low so that I have regen to descend a steep hill when I leave home.)

If you charge to the same level on a regular basis you should be able to notice that instead of the usual 180 miles of range the car would only present you with 175 miles now (just a fictive example). That is, if Tesla really introduced some reduction of usable energy of course.

If you charge to the same level on a regular basis you should be able to notice that instead of the usual 180 miles of range the car would only present you with 175 miles now (just a fictive example). That is, if Tesla really introduced some reduction of usable energy of course.
I have not noticed that; I'm still getting 233 @ 90%. (or is that not the metric you were referring to?)

I adjust my charge level frequently, and only 90% and 100% have fixed levels that can be somewhat reliably set. Next time I have a chance to charge to 90% (89% in my car) I'll try to get a rated miles read — I leave my car set at %SOC, not RM. I did see 174 RM at 99% a week ago on my recent road trip, so my car has been pretty stable prior to the latest firmware update; it read 176 RM at 100% three months ago..