Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Version 9/10 for Non-AP/Classic Cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have homelink button for my 3 but not my 2012 S. Both on 2019.32. Sorry! I wonder why?

I haven't seen anyone as of yet with a pre autopilot classic Model S having the homelink button appear on the app. it hasn't for me I'm beginning to think it's a feature they just can't do in the early cars. My car equals 2012 Sig.

Release notes for software Version 10, 2019.32.12.1:

Firmware 2019.32.12.1 2310crop 10-11-19.JPG

Firmware 2019.32.12.1 2311crop 10-11-19.jpg

Firmware 2019.32.12.1 2312crop 10-11-19.jpg

As others have said above, the UI is the same as Version 9, although the browser opens as a full (actually more like 5/6) size window. The browser worked fine via my home WiFi but I forgot to check how it worked on LTE.

Last edited:
Just have to post this since I am soo beyond pissed this morning to have found my car forcibly having been updated to V10 last night when I was on final release of V8.1 for many reasons on my classic pre ap s85. Just soooooo mad at tesla right now, this will stop me from buying again as it is not acceptable to me for them to have done this and robbed me of features I used everyday. I already put in my complaint this morning about it and doubt I will hear back. #$$%%##

Just have to post this since I am soo beyond pissed this morning to have found my car forcibly having been updated to V10 last night when I was on final release of V8.1 for many reasons on my classic pre ap s85. Just soooooo mad at tesla right now, this will stop me from buying again as it is not acceptable to me for them to have done this and robbed me of features I used everyday. I already put in my complaint this morning about it and doubt I will hear back. #$$%%##

This has happened to many others... unfortunately with no response from Tesla.

This has happened to many others... unfortunately with no response from Tesla.

I don't believe Tesla has any authority to do this to a car that they don't own. The proper way to do this would be to notify the owner that an update is strongly recommended for such and such a reason. Then let the owner decide what to do. Similarly, if a car is in service, the update should be listed on the estimate, otherwise the service advisor should contact the owner and explain that some part of the service requires an update, and does the owner want to still want the service? Tesla needs consent from the car's owner to make changes to the car!

I've owned Model S since 2012. I cannot even remember all of the capabilities ADDED via software over the years.... but here are a few:
* Trip chart in energy app
* Pre heating
* Mobile App
* Geo fenced suspension adjustment
* Dog mode
* Hold temperature

While I also liked the V8 UI over 9 and 10, I bought ALL my Tesla (3) knowing that the update philosophy was more like a computer (frequent updates with changes you may or may not love) than a traditional car (no significant updates ever). It is not surprising that Tesla is trying to "retire" support for old releases. Certainly all computer manufacturers do that. So, we get the good with the bad.

I'm not saying this to argue with you as much as to remind you - and perhaps soothe your pique a bit - that you've also gotten lots of stuff you like and use via software updates...

I've owned Model S since 2012. I cannot even remember all of the capabilities ADDED via software over the years.... but here are a few:
* Pre heating
* Mobile App
* Dog mode
* Hold temperature

While I also liked the V8 UI over 9 and 10, I bought ALL my Tesla (3) knowing that the update philosophy was more like a computer (frequent updates with changes you may or may not love) than a traditional car (no significant updates ever). It is not surprising that Tesla is trying to "retire" support for old releases. Certainly all computer manufacturers do that. So, we get the good with the bad.

I'm not saying this to argue with you as much as to remind you - and perhaps soothe your pique a bit - that you've also gotten lots of stuff you like and use via software updates...

I have, but not for long time. V9 and V10 really don't seem to offer anything compelling for my car.

• Love
Reactions: Knightowl
I have, but not for long time. V9 and V10 really don't seem to offer anything compelling for my car.
Right, but you bought the good and the bad regardless of when. Tesla can only do frequent updates if they also eventually lasso every one onto current and current -1 generation. You can’t just opt off the train and expect any support.

What was your approach to avoid a software update? Methods I have seen - kill the data connection (cell and WiFi) but this has impact on other features. Other way is pulling a fuse for the drivers seat or unplugging it.
If you’re this upset, I’m hoping you had a proven strategy

Right, but you bought the good and the bad regardless of when. Tesla can only do frequent updates if they also eventually lasso every one onto current and current -1 generation. You can’t just opt off the train and expect any support.

I did not buy the good and the bad of the V9/V10 software updates. If I don't want them, it should be my choice to take the good and bad of not having them. I expect some reduced support if I don't take the updates, but again, that's my choice.

What was your approach to avoid a software update? Methods I have seen - kill the data connection (cell and WiFi) but this has impact on other features. Other way is pulling a fuse for the drivers seat or unplugging it.
If you’re this upset, I’m hoping you had a proven strategy

I never did anything like unplugging a door handle or pulling a fuse ect. I just kept closing the update prompt and declined to update.

I should not have to go to extremist measures to say no to updates that take away a slew of functions I use every single day in my preferred driving experience.

Things Tesla just stole from me with a forced update:

-AC customize options and behavior
-split screen of my choosing
-working browser that I used with waze or tesla winds and radar sites
-reduced usable battery capacity for road trips on the SC network, reduced SC speed*
-killed performance of my mcu with the garbage maps always on 'feature'

*untested yet with my car and V10 as I have no SC use or trips coming up anytime soon

My reasons to not update were strong ones that had not been addressed or acknowledged by tesla to fix them.

My app still shows the car status as software update in progress after having rebooted the car as well so thinking the crap update did not even fully install correctly.

* Pre heating
* Mobile App
* Dog mode
* Hold temperature

I agree that I have gotten plenty of great things from updates up to the point I decided to stop updating. V9 and V10 do nothing but remove things for me and degrade my enjoyment of the car so for anything past V8 I disagree vehemently.

I mostly agree, but I'm still heading to the goodwill store to look for a wired USB game controller, after work. I'm going to make the best of it. Reminds me of buying a car without a CD player and making the best of it. Should be pretty painless overall.

2019.32.12.3 update release notes appear to be the same as the previous version 2019.32.12.1.

One significant change I noted on my just-completed 6000 mile road trip was that the nav energy estimate at destination is more conservative than before. I would nearly always gain a bit on a trip leg, despite driving at or slightly above the speed limit in cool weather (mostly 40s, 50s and 60s). It got so that I could just leave when nav told me to without a second thought since it was so reliable. Unless facing severe weather, such as snow, my impression is that the nav energy estimate is now very accurate, even a bit conservative, at least for my aging, degraded S-60.

• Informative
Reactions: tccartier