Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Version 9/10 for Non-AP/Classic Cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got updated from 2019.12.1.1 to 2019.16.2, apparently a wide release. As usual, the thread about "16.X" is all about AP — good luck teasing out any info useful to pre-AP cars.

One fix I have already noticed is that the folder view sort order in USB media has been corrected. In 12.1.1 my longest folder — more than three hours — didn't have the tracks sort in the correct order even though it worked fine in previous firmware versions. (Folders of seventy minutes or less sorted correctly.) In 16.2 all my folders sort correctly in "folder view," the most useful way to play USB media IME.

The release notes for 2019.16.2:

View attachment 413693
View attachment 413694
View attachment 413695

I just got that update as well it hit the car last night yes. Just updated via the app about an hour ago haven't walked out to see what's going on yet. Hopefully it will take care of a few little bugs that have been going on.

If you charge to the same level on a regular basis you should be able to notice that instead of the usual 180 miles of range the car would only present you with 175 miles now (just a fictive example). That is, if Tesla really introduced some reduction of usable energy of course.

I actually have noticed a reduction in the 90% And 100% rated miles. Seems to have dropped off about eight to ten miles all of the sudden. but as I recall it happened about the time that I got version 9 installed. Didn't notice much change when I went to 2019 16. XX

90% charge went from 234 miles religiously down to 228. 100% state of charge dropped from 260 down to 252.

I actually have noticed a reduction in the 90% And 100% rated miles. Seems to have dropped off about eight to ten miles all of the sudden. but as I recall it happened about the time that I got version 9 installed. Didn't notice much change when I went to 2019 16. XX

90% charge went from 234 miles religiously down to 228. 100% state of charge dropped from 260 down to 252.
Interesting. I have 2012 P85 and I'm on 16.xx with no change in rated range at all... if anything a few higher?

One thing I've noticed about 2019.16.2 on a 2013 S60 is that I can't see all the Sirius channels and folders. I have to direct tune now. I'm not sure if it happened on this update or a previous one.

Good looking out I'll have to look I haven't really gone through and tried to sort through my XM channels lately I remember we had some issues with that back on version 8 where they disappeared altogether.

Interesting. I have 2012 P85 and I'm on 16.xx with no change in rated range at all... if anything a few higher?

well in all fairness it could have been that 6500 mile trip I made from Arizona to Philadelphia and back lots of supercharging very little down time we drove that straight through. That could have attributed to a little accelerated degradation shall we say.

So at 100 it's at 225 rated miles and at 90 it's at 203 rated miles.

Wow that's hardcore loss. At 90% I'm still getting about 226 to 228 the last time I charged to 100% I got 252 (all rated numbers)

It should be noted however that my battery pack was replaced in 2016 sometime in November not that long before I got the car. So I may not be doing as good as I think I am :)

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
I got 2019.16.2 in May and I didn't notice a range change. Rated range at 100% is still 400 km for my 2013 Model S 85. That's about 6% down from 426 km when it was new, and it's in line with what I've been seeing all along. It dropped about 3% in the first year, then about 1/2% a year since then.

Here's my 100% rated range from Jan 1 2017 to now, as calculated by TeslaFi:

upload_2019-6-23_0-54-37.png

My odometer was 156,611 when I installed 2019.16.2 -- no noticeable range change then.

• Informative
Reactions: Benjamin Brooks
Would you buy another Tesla if yours was totaled?
I'm still waiting for another company to put out a viable car. Hopefully my Teslas won't be totalled until that happens.

One fix I have already noticed is that the folder view sort order in USB media has been corrected. In 12.1.1 my longest folder — more than three hours — didn't have the tracks sort in the correct order even though it worked fine in previous firmware versions. (Folders of seventy minutes or less sorted correctly.) In 16.2 all my folders sort correctly in "folder view," the most useful way to play USB media IME.

This is HUUUUGE. This has been broken since 2016.

Can you verify which order they're sorted in? Alphanumeric by *file name*, hopefully? That is best in folder view. By "track number" is second-best.

Can you test gapless playback? (I am not hopeful, but it would be great. Something like Dark Side of the Moon or Sergeant Pepper where one track flows right into the next.)

I'm still waiting for another company to put out a viable car. Hopefully my Teslas won't be totalled until that happens.

This is HUUUUGE. This has been broken since 2016.

Can you verify which order they're sorted in? Alphanumeric by *file name*, hopefully? That is best in folder view. By "track number" is second-best.

Can you test gapless playback? (I am not hopeful, but it would be great. Something like Dark Side of the Moon or Sergeant Pepper where one track flows right into the next.)
Wow, they’re really pissing off their hardcore fans. Why are you so frustrated?