Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Version 9/10 for Non-AP/Classic Cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is HUUUUGE. This has been broken since 2016.

Can you verify which order they're sorted in? Alphanumeric by *file name*, hopefully? That is best in folder view. By "track number" is second-best.

Can you test gapless playback? (I am not hopeful, but it would be great. Something like Dark Side of the Moon or Sergeant Pepper where one track flows right into the next.)
It is hard for me to say since I put track numbers in front of the track names when I ripped them. However, I have an album purchased as a download and it appears to sort by track order because the track names are NOT in alphabetical order. Since none of my folders are compilations of different albums I don't know how such a compilation would sort. My three hour folder is from three CDs but they are one album and it now sorts in the correct original order (since it is a movie soundtrack album, that matters a lot to me).

I only have one piece that should have gapless playback, a symphony with a CD chapter break in the middle of a movement and it has a gap of less than a second. That might be an artifact of my ripping process.

Release notes for 2019.20.2.1:

Firmware release notes2295crop 6-25-19.jpg

Last edited:
Worth noting that I needed to get a full 50k mi service done on my wifes 2013 S85 as well as several things fixed and the Littleton CO SC updated the software to current version against my wishes, I cant access the car but got the software update completed notice so it is what it is.

Worth noting that I needed to get a full 50k mi service done on my wifes 2013 S85 as well as several things fixed and the Littleton CO SC updated the software to current version against my wishes, I cant access the car but got the software update completed notice so it is what it is.
You don’t seem too upset. Maybe you’re looking forward to playing some TeslaAtari?

You don’t seem too upset. Maybe you’re looking forward to playing some TeslaAtari?

haha well this is primarily my wifes car and she was pretty indifferent about if her car got updated or not. I would be more upset if it were on mine but mine already got everything needed done before V9 came out. There are only a couple things left stopping me from updating from the original list I had.

Aw @Knightowl, sorry. I have service this coming Friday and am not looking forward to having "the talk" with them. About how the software update adds nothing for very old car, but makes most features worse, and could they please make me one of their exceptions, which I know they have done for a couple of others, etc. Bleah. . . . Time to be assertive. :eek:

Aw @Knightowl, sorry. I have service this coming Friday and am not looking forward to having "the talk" with them. About how the software update adds nothing for very old car, but makes most features worse, and could they please make me one of their exceptions, which I know they have done for a couple of others, etc. Bleah. . . . Time to be assertive. :eek:

yeah they did it dispite my talk before hand, they acted all aghast I was running ancient software that they didn't even know how to use cause of course turn over rate is so high there are few to no tenured employees left that experienced the old version.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
yeah they did it dispite my talk before hand, they acted all aghast I was running ancient software that they didn't even know how to use cause of course turn over rate is so high there are few to no tenured employees left that experienced the old version.

LOL @ "didn't even know how to use" good grief, it's not that weird/different (in some ways probably easier).

When I went in for my 6-year service in February, they did honor my wishes to not upgrade the software. I was ready to raise hell if they did, but fortunately, I didn't have to.

I know I probably can't hold off forever, but hopefully I can for long enough for Tesla to come to their senses and fix their software!

You were very lucky... I was forced to "upgrade" to version 9 and it has been a disaster with the Navigation and Waze apps. :cool: