Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Version 9/10 for Non-AP/Classic Cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I might not have noticed it before in 8.1, but climate control can be turned on and off by pushing the right scroll wheel (regardless of what is selected for IC display). When on, the temperature can be adjusted up or down with the scroll wheel.

I wonder if the update changed what your previous setting was. That is what my current setting is set to on 8.1.

It does not look like being WIFI guarantees the update.. i have my car in the garage trickle charging for 12 hrs+ no upates have shown up yet still on 2018.32.2

Interesting I'm on 2018.34 b4c2b9a (2012 S 85) Always wondered why some cars update and others seem not to for many months. Oh well.. sooner or later it'll show up I guess. From what I'm seeing posted from those who already have it, I'm not sure I want it lol!!
It seems to reduce the flexibility of the MS center screen.

You would think that Tesla could find a way to enable the Dashcam on AP-1 cars... only AP2.5 at this time :cool:

There is now way to get the camera feed off of the Mobileye unit and compressed in a reasonable fashion. (Not to mention that there is only red for a color channel.)

Now I think that they should work on getting the dashcam to work on AP2. (My guess is that they will make it work with the upgrade to HW3 for people that have paid for FSD.)

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911
I might not have noticed it before in 8.1, but climate control can be turned on and off by pushing the right scroll wheel (regardless of what is selected for IC display). When on, the temperature can be adjusted up or down with the scroll wheel.

I think this only works if you have your right scroll wheel set to adjust temperature.

I have mine set to fan speed, and clicking the scroll wheel toggles between manual/auto fan speed. I would actually prefer it to turn it on/off...

Got it the other day. Don't like the map as harder to read things Everything else is nice. Sending addresses with Google maps is amazing Have not figured out how to play media from my phone... Can I use Spotify this way?

The instrument cluster looks different to me with nav on it fills up the whole left side now unless it always did that and I'm crazy ..

To get full screen nav just tap the nav button in bottom twice.

Full-screen media browser is nice.. Well full ish.

Internet browser is better for sure but still slow as all heck to load pages.

Turning on heat and off is two taps now arg or tap and hold which is tough driving

That is quite interesting. If the option is there but does not have any effect on power output and/throttle response this might be a bug (forgot to remove this option for AP0 cars).
Would be nice if you could test this.

Did you also get the speed limit setting? This is also related to the Chill Mode feature.
If you got the speed limit feature it should be accessible through the APP.

These two features would be strong arguments for me to upgrade (once v9 is pushed to my car).

I wonder if the update changed what your previous setting was. That is what my current setting is set to on 8.1.
Yes, I think that you are right that the update changed my setting. Looking at the manual, the right menu button can select temperature control for the right scroll wheel. As it happens, none of the other options are of any use to me

Nice to hear the "enter the radio station" option isn’t just for MCU2 (which wouldn’t make sense but could’ve been possible).

The mobile app media options seem silly (a mobile app to control something in arm's reach, or that someone in the back seat could just ask the passenter in front to do), but more options are always better :). Also, the start-nav-from-phone sounds groovy! I hope that shows up on my early 2013 classic Model S.

The climate control video was unclear. Do we only have auto/manual control over some things, or is that an auto/manual that affects everything, or what? I hope they haven't removed my ability to have the A/C and recycle always on, while keeping the fan and location on auto. Actually, location could be manual for all I care. but I want to retain control over A/C and recycle! Anyone care to check this, if you have 9?

I wish instead of wasting dev on integrating prehistoric Atari games, they’d kept the ability to have two apps that weren’t nav + something floating over nav at the bottom. I won’t be ugprading due to that (see other threads for discussions/rants/etc.), at least for the near future.

Still it’s good to have a Classic thread where we can see/talk about how things change for Classics! :) I want to know the full details, which get lost in the shuffle on other threads, so thanks!

Reactions: tccartier
Wow, this is actually pretty cool. Chill Mode and Speed Limit now available for the Classics!
Really happy to see this and thanks for confirming @emulsifide. Will be looking forward to v9 now.

One slight bummer for me with v9 is the headlight switch in the quick menu which has moved from the bottom of the screen to the top of the screen. As I often manually turn off or on the headlights I will now enter the quick menu with the button at the lower left corner and then have access to the headlight (and fog lights) near where my finger is. In v9 I will have to find the buttons at the top which takes longer and thus increases the time to look at the screen (instead of the road).

Reactions: KidDoc and scaesare