Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Version after Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just received my Y a couple of days ago and the delivered version was only at 2020.11.1. Is that odd that it is a couple of versions behind whats currently out there?

If you took delivery and a newer update was out in the wild, how long did it take y'all to receive it. The "hacks" are clearly not working.

Took me a few days to get a more current release. Now my Y seems to get releases about 3 days before my 3... Both on 2020.28.6 now. My friend got his update minutes after getting home with it. It may have already been waiting but since he was new to it he didn't know at the time.

I just received my Y a couple of days ago and the delivered version was only at 2020.11.1. Is that odd that it is a couple of versions behind whats currently out there?

If you took delivery and a newer update was out in the wild, how long did it take y'all to receive it. The "hacks" are clearly not working.

I took delivery on Sunday and have just about the same firmware as you. Hoping for an update soon!

Same problem here. I took delivery on 5 days ago and no update yet. My wifi is only at 1 bar in my garage. Could that have something to do with it?
Yes, but in my experience, the icon indicates a pending download from an already downloaded update that's just waiting for you to ok the install. Point is, it may not be your WiFi signal as the issue now, but it may become more so when actually downloading. I recall that the factory version, for whatever reason, had relatively poor WiFi connectivity (only 1 or 2 bars while my MY and prior MS had 5 bars). Subsequent updates have seemingly improved WiFi reception, so you're kind of in a chicken and egg situation.

What I've done is use my mobile phone as a hotspot once the "update is ready to be downloaded" icon appears. That certainly happen on the road meaning that initial flag is set even with the cell connection.

Yes, but in my experience, the icon indicates a pending download from an already downloaded update that's just waiting for you to ok the install. Point is, it may not be your WiFi signal as the issue now, but it may become more so when actually downloading. I recall that the factory version, for whatever reason, had relatively poor WiFi connectivity (only 1 or 2 bars while my MY and prior MS had 5 bars). Subsequent updates have seemingly improved WiFi reception, so you're kind of in a chicken and egg situation.

What I've done is use my mobile phone as a hotspot once the "update is ready to be downloaded" icon appears. That certainly happen on the road meaning that initial flag is set even with the cell connection.

Interesting. my car has been sitting in the garage and since I have a mesh wifi system, it has full bars. still no dice after a week, but at least I'm going to SC next week to get all my little issues corrected, i'll have them push the new updates over as well. Side repeaters just make too much sense to not get that update.

Maybe I'm looking at the wrong number but what is the difference between what folks in this thread are reporting 2020.11.105 and what mine shows 2020.28.6? July build - took delivery a week ago. VIN 29XXX
The issue I experienced was specifically the 2020.11.105 version, coupled with the "waiting download" message on several Arcade games on delivery back in late June.

I did escalate the issue of back-level software and Tesla did respond within a week with a push to 2020.24.x. Coincidentally, others in the 2020.11.105 bucket also reported received updates at that time.

When I got the update to 2020.24.x, all games were operational. 2020.28.6 is a current release version. Are you seeing the "awaiting update" on some of your Arcade games?

Took delivery on 8/8 of my M3 AWD LR and I’m on the same factory version with the issues of the ‘Awaiting Update’ on Cuphead and Stardew Valley .I’m also missing Fallout Shelter. It seems like version 2020.11.105.1 is from around April.

Tesla Support told me the car tried to update a day before delivery and the update failed, so they pushed the update again and said it would be a few days before I see it.

Took delivery on 8/8 of my M3 AWD LR and I’m on the same factory version with the issues of the ‘Awaiting Update’ on Cuphead and Stardew Valley .I’m also missing Fallout Shelter. It seems like version 2020.11.105.1 is from around April.

Tesla Support told me the car tried to update a day before delivery and the update failed, so they pushed the update again and said it would be a few days before I see it.

Curious to what steps you took to get where you are at. I chatted with tesla regarding the update and they acted like they couldn’t do anything for me and it would be pushed out. They said they have no way of getting in touch with the firmware engineers to push anything to my car.

Any help would be appreciated.

Took delivery on 8/13 and have the same issue with my M3. I have heard the same thing from Tesla that an update cannot be pushed to the car after I setup a service appointment and it was cancelled. I will try a support chat but I'm not hopeful!