Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Version after Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am close to getting MY, am I reading this right.. nothing can be done to force updates/download.. We are at the complete mercy of just whenever?

Yep. Just got mine about two weeks ago and it doesn’t have all the features I was expecting. Still waiting for the firmware to get current. Seems like the current version I am on was from April and I have issues with Bluetooth with phone and not having all the features I have seen on friends cars.

As cool as the car is, there is this issue along with body alignment and paint issues. Just be careful on delivery. Read up on that. Don’t let them promise you anything. Sounds like some are disappointed. Still waiting for my issues to be resolved.

Yep. Just got mine about two weeks ago and it doesn’t have all the features I was expecting. Still waiting for the firmware to get current. Seems like the current version I am on was from April and I have issues with Bluetooth with phone and not having all the features I have seen on friends cars.

As cool as the car is, there is this issue along with body alignment and paint issues. Just be careful on delivery. Read up on that. Don’t let them promise you anything. Sounds like some are disappointed. Still waiting for my issues to be resolved.

Super first world problems I guess. SC was no use, Chat Support no use. at the mercy of the tesla server gods for this update to push

I picked up mine on 8/15 (VIN 35xxx). It came with 2020.11.105.1 and I'm still waiting for an update. I contacted support and mentioned I'm missing a few software features and they said that I should receive an update within 24 to 48 hours. It's been a week so I'm hoping it'll be soon.

Curious to what steps you took to get where you are at. I chatted with tesla regarding the update and they acted like they couldn’t do anything for me and it would be pushed out. They said they have no way of getting in touch with the firmware engineers to push anything to my car.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sorry for the late reply, but I’ve yet to receive an update. As more MY and M3 owners are taking delivery, it seems like this is pretty consistent across the board. I think it has something to do with “factory stable firmware” from the little I’ve read but honestly, I’m not sold on that, considering I would hope that versions that are released to the fleet would be considered “factory stable” as well.

The waiting game continues.

Reactions: DougalVizsla