Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Version New Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2020.5.10.3 for me too. LR with FSD and VIN in 500s.

Looking forward to 2020.12.1 to read signal lights and stops signs, getting one step closer to autonomous driving on streets.
It’s coming soon. However 12.1 for the public will not support reacting to the stop signs and signals. The people that have it now are in the early access program. So it will be a few more updates before that hits. But it’s coming sooner rather than later. Also, I have 12.1 on my P3D+ with FSD it does not support that yet. But city NOAP is coming soon

Just a heads up guys the software version we have does seem to truly have an inferior version of autopilot. I have a model 3 with the most recent software to compare to and the model Y autopilot makes a lot of the same mistakes the old versions did.

Today it thought the shadow of a truck in another lane was a car or something and it slowed down to match the speed of the shadow...

It also phantom breaks in spots the model 3 doesn't.

• Informative
Reactions: empiredown
Just a heads up guys the software version we have does seem to truly have an inferior version of autopilot. I have a model 3 with the most recent software to compare to and the model Y autopilot makes a lot of the same mistakes the old versions did.

Today it thought the shadow of a truck in another lane was a car or something and it slowed down to match the speed of the shadow...

my car phantom braked for some pavement that was much darker than the rest of the road.

this is true... this software is just a STARTED that is safe, once they get all the bugs and kink worked out for the model Y they will merge the Y into the fleet software with everyone else... it will take some time. I do notice the phantom braking. but that's to be expected until we get the latest software.

Yes, the phantom breaking is pretty bad on this software. They can send over new software anytime now.

I find the phantom breaking worse than it was on my 3P with 12.1 but it's not that bad....it's still much better than pre V10.
I agree with this.... it is more apparent than on my P3d+ which is on the same as you 12.1 but the thing about our phantom braking is just random, no sun in the camera, no rain sometimes no shadow, it will just brake. but I'm assuming its the software and it will take some time for Tesla to work out the bugs with the Y as it does have different sizes and dimension to deal with compared to the 3. I just want the the sentry mode/dashcam viewer already. that is something that should have been here a LONG time ago....

I agree with this.... it is more apparent than on my P3d+ which is on the same as you 12.1 but the thing about our phantom braking is just random, no sun in the camera, no rain sometimes no shadow, it will just brake. but I'm assuming its the software and it will take some time for Tesla to work out the bugs with the Y as it does have different sizes and dimension to deal with compared to the 3. I just want the the sentry mode/dashcam viewer already. that is something that should have been here a LONG time ago....

This is what I’m experiencing as well. Random braking for no reason.

Just got the notification for the same thing. Have not seen the release notes yet (as mine is installing right now)

Do we know what is in .7?

Thanks,

Keith

Beyond the other comments, I think something was tweaked with Regen. Standard mode seems a bit more smooth than it was. I also noticed more on the screen with regard to lights, Stop signs, and lines. Just did a 10 mile check ride. Still some weird braking and other Autopilot gremlins it seems. Best part: Didn't lose any settings with the update. HL, Driver Profiles, etc. all good still.

SS

• Informative
Reactions: klandersnitrox
Beyond the other comments, I think something was tweaked with Regen. Standard mode seems a bit more smooth than it was. I also noticed more on the screen with regard to lights, Stop signs, and lines. Just did a 10 mile check ride. Still some weird braking and other Autopilot gremlins it seems. Best part: Didn't lose any settings with the update. HL, Driver Profiles, etc. all good still.

SS
you shouldn't ever lose your setting from these update, however I guess it is possible. autopilot will get better once we get on the other software that rest of the fleet is on.... things should get smoother. there are for sure some weird bugs right now in the model y. like the FSD visualization for some reason some the street light just seem very light colored, vs my model 3 where it nice a clear. but one day soon that will change.

Reactions: preilly44
Imgur

I updated the car an hour ago to .7 . However, it says on the app and car screen that the update failed and now I get errors with no turn signals, no headlights working, car making humming noise.... I hope Tesla Service team can fix this over the air@@

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 53