Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software version still on 2019.35.109

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My M3 got delivered today and it says it is on the latest software 2019.35.109. I checked and see the 2020.8.2 has been out. How do I request a push of the update.
You have to wait until Tesla matches your model and region to the new update so it's a waiting game. Some people have luck with going in to the software menu and holding down the advanced slider or tapping it, this will force the car to check for updates. But that will only work if Tesla has you on top of their long list of VINs.

• Informative
Reactions: lUtriaNt
I texted service center (since I have another pending appt for another reason), she said she sent the update as the voice command was not working with any command. I did get a message on the app but it was still 2019.35.109 that was being pushed.What???

After getting 2020.8.2 a few days ago, the car just downloaded 2020.12.1 today. Took delivery on 3/16.
Is you M3 the long range with autopilot (not enhanced). The service center is insisting that I have the latest for my car which is 20.49.35.109. I have the M3 Log Range All-wheel drive dual motor, autopilot, premium interior. I am perplexed with why different M3 owners of the same model year are getting different versions.

Is you M3 the long range with autopilot (not enhanced). The service center is insisting that I have the latest for my car which is 20.49.35.109. I have the M3 Log Range All-wheel drive dual motor, autopilot, premium interior. I am perplexed with why different M3 owners of the same model year are getting different versions.

I have the performance with the upgrades, but no fsd.

They send these updates out in waves, and the service center can push out what is "staged and assigned" to your car. On new vehicles it sometimes takes 1-2-3 even 4 weeks for them to get updates other than what came with the car staged to them. You basically have...to....wait. There is no way to make tesla send you a later update just because "other people with the same config" have it.

The service center can push updates, but only whats assigned to your car. you will get 2020.8 or 2020,12 or whatever when its assigned by tesla (not service center).

Unfortunately its not like phone updates where you can go get it self service. Its actually a lot better than it used to be for those of us who bought at the end of 2018, because it took until the middle of 2019 before tesla even patched it in to let you KNOW when you had an update and were not connected to wifi (and gave you a message to connect to wifi).

TL ; DR?

You have to wait, regardless of the fact that other people with the same config have later updates, and that will be going on the entire time you own this car. sometimes you will get them before people, sometimes you will get them after people or not get them at all (and get a later one).

• Informative
I picked up my 2020 LR AWD on Monday (3/23) and it was indeed on 2019.35.109. Got a notification through Tesla app a day later saying new software is available for download..I guess I am the few lucky ones that got updates pushed super quickly. Currently on 2020.8.2 but have seen 2020.12.1 flying around...Just hang on tight, it'll come through eventually.

I wouldn't worry about it too much.
For reference, I've had my Model 3 almost two years now, in that time its had 45 updates, longest time on one version is 42 days. That felt like an eternity :)
Average time between updates - 14 days
shortest time on one version - 1 day
I have the car set to Advanced, to get updates as soon as they're available and out of the 45 updates, 25 arrived within 1 day of being released, but 2 of them took 10 days - another relative eternity.
TLDR - I can't tell you when your car will get updates :D

[edit] I made sure my garage now has excellent wifi

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin