Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Version way behind?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2018 Model X is on "advanced" for software updates and says it's up to date but is on v10.2 2020.48.37.6. Isn't that a version from year 2020?

Yes it is, but in the Tesla world, not all cars run the same versions of software.

Many Model S with MCU1 are running 2020.48.37.6 (mine is for sure). I wouldn't be surprised if that's the latest for MCU1 Model X as well.

Bruce.

Teslafi shows that over 30% of the S/X’s (that use Teslafi) are on a 2020.*.* version.
7FE9EE19-EE07-463A-A3DD-FF27AA81A048.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: bmah
Yes it is, but in the Tesla world, not all cars run the same versions of software.
Many Model S with MCU1 are running 2020.48.37.6 (mine is for sure). I wouldn't be surprised if that's the latest for MCU1 Model X as well.
Bruce.

Teslafi shows that over 30% of the S/X’s (that use Teslafi) are on a 2020.*.* version.
There may be something to the MCU1 vs MCU2 line of thinking. My 2017 X had the MCU1 to MCU2 upgrade. My software is current.

Tesla Service Center supposedly upgraded me to the MCU 2 about 6 weeks ago.
I don't understand why you said 'supposedly'. How wouldn't you know that explicitly and by how it now works? (ie. way faster in routing a long distance, menu operations, interacting with map, using two button reboot now does the drivers 'display only' monitor as well as the main center screen, usable browser, etc, etc). There of course are sites you can go to now that show you the chipset, etc being used in the MCU2 vs MCU1).

Also, when I got my MCU2 upgrade they forced download of the current OTA updates.

If anyone gets an update on discounting an MCU2 upgrade that would be great info!
It originally was $2500 without FM. I got this and it was worth every penny.

Now it is $1500 without FM and $2000 with FM.
I wouldn't hold my breath on it going lower.

Reactions: Art VandeIay
If anyone gets an update on discounting an MCU2 upgrade that would be great info!

My MCU1 AP2 MS is also "stuck" on 2020.48.37.6

I also assume that's at least nearly the most recent update for MCU1 owners.
I don't know but I am scheduled for mid September and they quoted (verbally) $1500 which sounds ok to me....also they assured me I'd get HW3 as well (I don't have FSD) which would allow me to so Sentry recordings.
I then could do FSD subscription at $99/month (which would have required another $1000 to install HW3)

SO I would say it's a great deal 1500 for MCU2 +HW3 hardware!

I can confirm - and have confirmed with Tesla London, MCU 1 has a capped software numbering of 2020.xxx.

MCU 2 will then see the cap being lifted. This cap on MCU 1 doesn't restrict the software OR implies that it is no longer supported. It's just a numbering system on Tesla's end.