Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software versioning - is it the same across all models?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's an interesting question... I don't have the answer, but clearly there are differences in models. For example, S/X having battery heaters vs 3/Y using the motors, dual monitors vs one etc. It's not just about models either, there are country-specific differences... China got some apps that we don't get, it took a while for Canada to get Disney+... More importantly, the training data for autopilot/fsd is very different per country, we don't get it at the same time etc. I wonder if it'S a global training or if they restrict per continent, and in that case what happens if you move a car from one continent to another.

1. Model #
    1. FSD
    2. Non FSD

Language, GUI, etc, can be handled outside the code base.
Tesla-Fi identifies the FSD vs Non-FSD version numbers. The reintroduction of Enhanced Autopilot can be parsed out on either software base (FSD vs Non FSD) through updates.

Looking at Tesla-Fi, and the software versions

Trunk.Branch.Etc

gives you a clearer picture.

*Disclaimer...
I retired from the industry 9 years ago, and we all know the speed of techology. So, there's that.
I also know COBOL.
😎

Reactions: BamaRed
Nothing wrong with Cobol

it's just the people trying to sell "new" stuff (that's really the same as the old stuff) who are putting across the message that we all have to get away from it - that and people like the d1ckheads I work for who fall for that guff <bang head>

Here's a joke for you - imagine it as a cartoon and a guy being interviewed in a very modern, Jetsons looking office. The interviewer is looking at his resume and asks "I see you have Cobol 77 here. Tell me is that the 1977, or the 2077 version?"

Nothing wrong with Cobol

it's just the people trying to sell "new" stuff (that's really the same as the old stuff) who are putting across the message that we all have to get away from it - that and people like the d1ckheads I work for who fall for that guff <bang head>

Here's a joke for you - imagine it as a cartoon and a guy being interviewed in a very modern, Jetsons looking office. The interviewer is looking at his resume and asks "I see you have Cobol 77 here. Tell me is that the 1977, or the 2077 version?"
Funny...
I got one...

In 1999, A Y2K consultant worked so hard she made millions. So she retired, and had her body frozen hoping to wake up after Y2K.

Something went wrong with the Y2K code on the machine and she woke up in the year 9999. Dazed, she looked up and asked "Did we pass Y2K?"

Chuckling, the cryo tech said, "Sure, that was easy. It's 9999 and you records show you know COBOL"

😎

Reactions: BamaRed