TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Software versions for Powerwall 2?

Discussion in 'Tesla Energy' started by astrothad, Aug 23, 2017.

1. astrothad

astrothad Member

When my Powerwalls were first installed in mid-July, the app displayed software version 1.3.3. This is also visible in some of the screen shots of the app elsewhere in the Tesla Energy forum here.

This past weekend, it looks like there was an upgrade to 1.5.1. This isn't for the app; this is what shows for the software for the Powerwalls themselves.

I did a cursory search on tesla.com for information about Powerwall software, but didn't find anything.

Does anyone know where to find what functionality we gain with updates to the Powerwall software? This documentation exists and can be located for updates for Tesla vehicles, but I'm not sure where it is for the Powerwalls. Maybe it's less of a concern since we don't drive Powerwalls around?

Pushing 1.5.1 out to the units must have improved or fixed something. I'm curious as to what it is.

2. Cpaces

Cpaces New Member

I noticed that too. curious myself. +1

• Helpful x 1
  3. zanary

zanary Member

Ca you confirm if "Time of Use" is support yet? This means that we charge at the lower 11pm to 6am rate and use the powewall to power the house while the rates are much higher.

I'm hearing conflicting results, some say that it's not yet supported and may come out by end of year, others say it's already in there.

4. dhu1

dhu1 Member

My understanding is that time of use management software won't be available until later this year. This is what my energy advisor told me

5. zanary

zanary Member

My Powerwall were just upgraded from 1.5.1 to 1.6.0. No Time of Use Load Shifting just yet. I'm curious what changed between 1.5.1 and 1.6.0

They don't publish any change lot that I'm aware of. That's a shame!