Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software versions for Powerwall 2?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am on 1.11.2 and noticed a minor fix to the Energy Usage summary for weekly usage. The 2nd set of numbers below the Powerwall (green) and the grid (light gray) were cut off slightly when I looked at a specific day (by holding on the specific day of the week). Now it is fixed and I can read the numbers correctly. See below sample.

Before: Screenshot_2017-12-19-21-09-44.png --> After: Screenshot_2018-01-25-12-40-30.png

Last edited:
I am on 1.11.2 and noticed a minor fix to the Energy Usage summary for weekly usage. The 2nd set of numbers below the Powerwall (green) and the grid (light gray) were cut off slightly when I looked at a specific day (by holding on the specific day of the week). Now it is fixed and I can read the numbers correctly. See below sample.

Before: View attachment 275769 --> After: View attachment 275768
Is it possible to view individual solar panel production with Solar City/Tesla Energy's apps? We've been shopping around for solar and are probably going with Tesla Energy. When I've seen the online interface for other companies, many show each solar panel and you can see which might not be producing as much as they should. I assume Tesla has this information...but are you only able to see the total for the entire system vs. individual panels?

An update regarding 1.11.2. I noticed if in backup-only mode a new "Impact" option appears. Previously in backup-only mode there was no "Self-powered" option. In Self-powered mode, the "Self-powered" option remains the same. See below:

Backup-only mode:
Screenshot_2018-01-26-08-28-30.png --> Screenshot_2018-01-26-08-29-11.png --> Screenshot_2018-01-26-08-28-45.png

Self-powered mode:
Screenshot_2018-01-26-08-29-42.png --> Screenshot_2018-01-26-08-29-53.png

Is it possible to view individual solar panel production with Solar City/Tesla Energy's apps? We've been shopping around for solar and are probably going with Tesla Energy. When I've seen the online interface for other companies, many show each solar panel and you can see which might not be producing as much as they should. I assume Tesla has this information...but are you only able to see the total for the entire system vs. individual panels?

MorrisonHiker,

I do not have SolarCity/Tesla solar panels, so I can't fully answer your question...

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Shygar
My Tesla solar panels have a Delta inverter. I don't think they have that information. I can see on the inverter itself that it shows each string, but I don't have that info on my app. You probably need a solaredge inverter or micro inverters, which you may not get with Tesla. For us I think if we had a shading problem they would consider using a solaredge inverter but there wasn't a benefit if you don't have a shading problem. Best to ask them, but keep in mind that it's up to the Tesla engineer designing your system on which inverter you get, you don't really have control over it (at least I didn't when I pushed a little for the solaredge one).

• Informative
Reactions: MorrisonHiker
My Tesla solar panels have a Delta inverter. I don't think they have that information. I can see on the inverter itself that it shows each string, but I don't have that info on my app. You probably need a solaredge inverter or micro inverters, which you may not get with Tesla. For us I think if we had a shading problem they would consider using a solaredge inverter but there wasn't a benefit if you don't have a shading problem. Best to ask them, but keep in mind that it's up to the Tesla engineer designing your system on which inverter you get, you don't really have control over it (at least I didn't when I pushed a little for the solaredge one).
Thanks for the info. I'll bring it up during the site survey.

Since 25.01.2018 my Powerwall got firmware 1.11.2 - unfortunately with 2 new failures and not solving the 5% discharge limit:
When the PV powers up the Powerwall charges normal until 4,6kW. As soon this level is reached the charging power reduces down to 3,1kW, even up to 8kW are coming from the roof, until the Powerwall is fully charged. With 1.10.2 charge was always at 4,6kW.
Second: when the Powerwall discharges in absence of PV Power and reaches the 5% limit it stops supplying, but right away starts charging with 1,7kW from the grid until 6% when it stops charging and starts discharging until 5%. At this point I have to put the Powerwall on standby.
Tesla searches for the issue since 1 week, no results yet.
Anyone else having this issue?

Since 25.01.2018 my Powerwall got firmware 1.11.2 - unfortunately with 2 new failures and not solving the 5% discharge limit:
When the PV powers up the Powerwall charges normal until 4,6kW. As soon this level is reached the charging power reduces down to 3,1kW, even up to 8kW are coming from the roof, until the Powerwall is fully charged. With 1.10.2 charge was always at 4,6kW.
Second: when the Powerwall discharges in absence of PV Power and reaches the 5% limit it stops supplying, but right away starts charging with 1,7kW from the grid until 6% when it stops charging and starts discharging until 5%. At this point I have to put the Powerwall on standby.
Tesla searches for the issue since 1 week, no results yet.
Anyone else having this issue?
This could be similar to your problem:
Powerwall 2 strange behaviour

Carefull everyone, the latest update (3.3.0) to the iOS app takes away the Customize facility. Looks like the same version of the Android app still has the functionality.
I have the iOS app version 3.3.0 (68bf3eec4) and Firmware 1.11.2 and the "Customize" option is there if I swipe up on the area with the "Power Flow", "Self-Powered" and "Backup History" options

Last edited:
Although I have Powerwall Version 1.11.2, I noticed an update today (Android Tesla App. Version 3.3.1). There was a change to the GUI of the "Customize" area. No more battery image, and back-up only mode now has a "Reserve for Power Outages" option. I can not make changes yet, but I wonder if this is on preparation for a TOU option.

See below images.
Screenshot_2018-02-10-15-34-53.png
Screenshot_2018-02-10-15-34-57.png