Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software versions for Powerwall 2?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How does one access the setup wizard? I've tried putting the IP address into my web browser and doesn't seem to work. I haven't been able to get a specific answer. Everything is very vague.

If your computer is on the same networks the gate way, entering the IP address of the Gateway should work.

On my Apple Airport Extreme router, the gateway shows up as a rather cryptic "1118431-00-G--T17I0008XXX" where XXX is the last three digits of the gateway serial number.

If you are able to connect you should get a page like this:

Screen Shot 2018-02-18 at 3.07.48 PM.png

Clicking on "Run Wizard" will start the Setup Wizard. Any email address will work and the password is the gateway serial number found inside to gateway panel door, or from the WiFi id (just the T17I0008XXX" part). My installer added a capital S to the front of the serial number for the password, so you may have to try a few times.

I'd be careful changing any of the settings in the wizard (besides your wifi password), unless you know the installer put in the wrong Utility Region, Solar inverter models, etc.

If your computer is on the same networks the gate way, entering the IP address of the Gateway should work.

On my Apple Airport Extreme router, the gateway shows up as a rather cryptic "1118431-00-G--T17I0008XXX" where XXX is the last three digits of the gateway serial number.

If you are able to connect you should get a page like this:

View attachment 281239

Clicking on "Run Wizard" will start the Setup Wizard. Any email address will work and the password is the gateway serial number found inside to gateway panel door, or from the WiFi id (just the T17I0008XXX" part). My installer added a capital S to the front of the serial number for the password, so you may have to try a few times.

I'd be careful changing any of the settings in the wizard (besides your wifi password), unless you know the installer put in the wrong Utility Region, Solar inverter models, etc.
My Gateway unit(the little black box Tesla gave me) is hardwired into my router. Maybe I am confused but I am unable to get access to that page. I am looking up the IP via my Eero App. I must be doing something wrong. I've tried on my MacBook Pro which is connected to same network but Wirelessly and my iMac which is hardwired. Is there a different IP address I'm missing. Maybe on a unit that is outside?

One note: if for some reason your Powerwall is set up to use cellular instead of Wifi or Ethernet, it will broadcast a TEG-XXX (again the XXX is the last three digits of the serial number) that you can join with the same serial-number-based password. My gateway was set up this way when the installers left, even though it was plugged into my LAN. I used the wizard to turn on the network interface.

Note that I also had the S in front of the password. My Powerwalls were installed by Tesla.

One note: if for some reason your Powerwall is set up to use cellular instead of Wifi or Ethernet, it will broadcast a TEG-XXX (again the XXX is the last three digits of the serial number) that you can join with the same serial-number-based password. My gateway was set up this way when the installers left, even though it was plugged into my LAN. I used the wizard to turn on the network interface.

Note that I also had the S in front of the password. My Powerwalls were installed by Tesla.
Ok my system has only been on with the Powerwalls for less than a week. So I am new to the Setup Wizard and the rest of it. I was able to find and connect to TEG-XXX wifi network using the serial number as the password. What would I do next in order to get to setup wizard. I've found an IP address for the gateway they gave me. I've tried typing that into my web browser when connected to my regular network that the gateway is hardwired to as well as when connected to TEG-XXX. Sorry if I am not understanding. Thanks for any and all help.

My Gateway unit(the little black box Tesla gave me) is hardwired into my router. Maybe I am confused but I am unable to get access to that page. I am looking up the IP via my Eero App. I must be doing something wrong. I've tried on my MacBook Pro which is connected to same network but Wirelessly and my iMac which is hardwired. Is there a different IP address I'm missing. Maybe on a unit that is outside?
Can you post a picture of the "black box"? It does not sound like the gateway, which is in an electrical panel box something like this:

gateway.jpg

Maybe it's a wireless access point or something just for the Powerwall?

Can you post a picture of the "black box"? It does not sound like the gateway, which is in an electrical panel box something like this:

View attachment 281271

Maybe it's a wireless access point or something just for the Powerwall?
You know what that's what I was talking about. The wireless access point. I went outside and the gateway has information like serial number and part number. I don't see anything about IP address on gateway outside. Also how does gateway connect to my network? Via the wireless access point?

You know what that's what I was talking about. The wireless access point. I went outside and the gateway has information like serial number and part number. I don't see anything about IP address on gateway outside. Also how does gateway connect to my network? Via the wireless access point?
That's my assumption. You have a different install that I do. They just connected to my guest wireless network, so they did not need to add an access point.

To get the IP of the gateway, you probably need to get into the access point. If you can find the brand, you might be able to find out how to log into it.

Is my access point or gateway or power walls giving off a wireless signal? The one that is TEG-XXX. Sorry for all the questions. I am just not sure how I am supposed to get access to the setup wizard. Any other ideas of how to get software updated to power walls?

I got the wizard by connecting to the TEG-XXX network and then browsing to the gateway address (in my case 192.168.91.1). I then got the page that liuping posted above. I clicked on "Start Wizard" and went through the steps, changing as little as possible. What do you get when you load that page?

Also, I'm on 1.11.2 and check for update fails for me, so I don't think it works to get new updates early.

Most likely the IP address you found should be the correct one. You never said what happened when you open that IP address in your browser - do you get anything at all?
It doesn't don't do anything. On both TEG-XXX or my Network. The access point is hardwired to my router. I am using the IP address that my router says is for the Neo SolarCity gateway/access point(black box). I've tried multiple browsers. Not able to access wizard. Is IP supposed to be on outside Backup Gateway. Only thing I found is part numbers and serial number on the Backup Gateway.