Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Wish List.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So Is there any software wishlists out there?

I Know sometimes things actually get through via Elons omnipitent Twittering ( like Joe Mode ) … but is there any places to put Things? Here or elsewhere?

Anyway, here is mine after driving my Y for a few days.

Windscreen wipers.
Method of turning these on is not good - actually dangerous in some cases - I have flash downpour on my second drive on the M25 - had to just keep pressing the stalk button till the traffic cleared to find the screen buttons.
Current:
Quick Press stalk button then look down to press the 1/2/3/4/Auto ( auto being terrible)
Proposed:
Quick Press stalk once / Twice / Thrice / Um…Fourse? times to change speed
Or
Quick Press Stalk once > left scroll wheel then controls the speed up and down.

Actually the Scroll wheels need to be customisable and usable depending what you are doing. Certainly the left one.
Press the Heating button > Scroll wheel controls that.
Press the Screen Brightness > Scroll wheel controls that.

The right doesn’t do anything unless in Cruise or Autopilot ( press to Command )

Child lock
Why is this on the Commands screen - certainly while in Drive Mode? Should only appear / or can be changed in Park. Or have a confirmation button

Apple Music / Google / Amazon Music as sources
No reason this is not integrated - API is and integration is completely free. Any sort of issues EM may have with these companies shouldn’t matter. They are all well used - much more than Tidal.

CarPlay and Android Auto

Never going to happen but…

Reactions: carlos916
Upvote 0
Measurements for the UK!
While we are stuck with Miles for Driving distances we use Metres and Centimetres for small measurement.
Just needs to add this,

Miles/Inchs
Kilometres/Centimetres
Miles/Centimetres

Reactions: OxBrew
Quick Press Stalk once > left scroll wheel then controls the speed up and down.

I suggested the same a year and a half ago when I got my M3. I'd add to this that there should be many more speeds. I'd include a WPM guage (wipes per minute) with speeds of like 5-40 with scroll wheel control.

There's no official channel for making these suggestions, and after a year and a half of software regressions, I don't have much hope in Tesla improving the important things like wipers.

My experience has been that we get new games and toys, mixed with breaking the actual important things like climate controls, steering assist, charge port, and automatic trunk.

Correct! It's way easier to throw out a new game and scream to the press about the cool new feature than it is to improve critical driving features, thus admitting it was wrong in the first place. And Elon is NEVER wrong... no. No way.

The car key standard that Apple and Android recently released would be a nice alternative to BLE (and maybe more secure) - integrates better with a smart watch. NFC I think?

As many others have mentioned: Apple music and podcast app integration, And it goes without saying a platform agnostic iMessage app…if Apple ever allows one.

Some way to access clipboard between phone and Tesla screen (setting up WiFi was not easy with a 40 character password…) This could be done through the Tesla app if more of the car settings were accessible with it.

All these would be non-issues with CarPlay integration - but I kinda like the Tesla onboard navigation so far.

First day with the car - all I could come up with.

Being able to automatically lock out seat heaters when outside temperatures are over 50 degrees F. Also automatically boost fan speed when driving in bright sunlight (my old Acura did this - it helped keep the front seat passengers cool when the sun is beating down.)