Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software wishlist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Double or triple the thickness of the regen line on the model 3 display.
Its very hard to see. IE I use this when maximising range.

Its just below the speed. Shows how much is being recovered by regen.

Yes. In fact, the black consumption/ green regen line should be thicker to the point where it is possible to write the actual power consumption/regeneration (in kW) around the point from where the line starts, for example:
25 kW =====
and
40 kW ========

• Informative
Reactions: captain_sahaj
Here is an important one (especially for new drivers):
Similarly to the 'nagging' of the AP, the software should 'nag' the driver for steering wheel torque when the car is moving, even when AP is not enabled.
This would prevent dangerous situations, incl. one where the driver mistakenly thinks that AP is enabled.

• Helpful
Reactions: VValleyEV
Nav should suggest a supercharger stall to use that gets you the best charge rate. When arriving at the supercharger, there should be a pop-up that shows a detailed layout of that supercharger location, with the stall you should take prominently indicated. Factors like, a non-paired stall, and the stall that has been unused for the longest time (cooler gear = more throughput). Possibly other considerations too, like if there is no non-paired stall available, then recommend the pair that has the most power available based on current (live) charge rates. That would not only help seasoned folks, but also new folks who don't necessarily know how choosing a stall can affect your charge rate.

My biggest wishlist item is for navigation information to be added to the AR car view. The exact path you need to take at an intersection could be highlighted, the lane you should be in could glow, etc.

Second, its nice that you can manually rotate the AR view now, but how about automatically rotating it to the side and behind and zooming out when you engage the turn signal?

Reactions: MikkoJ
Been beaten to death, but...Leave Time...

The car should finish charging (i.e. warm the battery) and be warmed up, defrosted, and ready to go on those cold winter mornings timed for when I leave. ...why not make it automated. You may have to set an acceptable charge % range since the outside temp, heating the inside of the car etc. will affect what you leave with, or they can charge to 90% of your requested range targeting being complete an hour early, then top it up at the last second with only 10% at risk of not working out...this will also help ensure the charge cable doesn't get stuck!

If there is a sensor warning, the sensor's location should be displayed on the console's image of the car.

This can help in cases where the sensor problem is something that does not need to involve Tesla.

Example: Mud covering a single, outside sensor. I also suspect I had one transient sensor warning related to the seat belts, because the rear seat backs had been folded down and upon putting them upright again, one seat belt had lodged itself between the seat back and the car's frame.

Make all writing on the screen at least 3 times bigger so I (and many many other people) can read it. The only number readable is the speed, for anything else I have to lean forward to get closer to the screen and squint and focus and look again = DANGEROUS !!!

Yes!! Mr. Musk, and GUI developers, are likely younger than many Tesla drivers (like me) and can read the small text that some of us cannot see. There is ample room in the display to increase the font size. Please consider this request!

Reactions: VValleyEV and UrsS
Been beaten to death, but...Leave Time...

The car should finish charging (i.e. warm the battery) and be warmed up, defrosted, and ready to go on those cold winter mornings timed for when I leave. ...why not make it automated. You may have to set an acceptable charge % range since the outside temp, heating the inside of the car etc. will affect what you leave with, or they can charge to 90% of your requested range targeting being complete an hour early, then top it up at the last second with only 10% at risk of not working out...this will also help ensure the charge cable doesn't get stuck!

Did someone already refer to this as "smart charging"?

It could be done like this:
1) Owner sets the desired SoC, cabin temperature and the time to leave.
2) The car computes the amount of energy and time needed to heat the cabin and all temperature controlled components (motor(s), computer(s), battery) of the car to their optimal temperature.
3) The car starts charging the battery using the power level that minimizes stress on the battery, while ensuring the charging can be completed on time.
4) As the desired SoC approaches and the charging power tapers accordingly, the extra power available from the charger is used to bring the cabin to its desired temperature while all other temperature controlled parts of the vehicle are brought to their optimal temperature.
5) When the preset time lapses and until the owner stops the charging, power is drawn to maintain the SoC and various temperatures.

Reactions: MikkoJ
Add internal cabin mic recording to dashcam/sentrycam.

Ability to add a short name when saving dashcam incident, so it saves as the folder name in saved clips.

Rear cross traffic alert when reversing.

Activate LDA at 30mph/50kph

Speed Limit Sign Recognition for AP2+ cars

Waypoint Navigation (I know that Elon said No to this, but it can be done, it's essentially what navigating to superchargers on a long trip is doing now)

Make the charge limit slider like the brightness slider with %, like the phone app now does.

Pick and view a live camera view from phone. Maybe <5Hz for bandwidth consideration. Notification for (any level of) Sentry mode trigger so you can see what's going on and maybe stop something before it happens. Feature creep: Add live mic from your phone to the outside speaker on the car to warn door dingers they are caught on camera!

There are lots of great suggestions here.

Has anyone looked at TeslaTap.com? They have a “Desired features” section, with a moderator and ability to comment on each, and to vote them up/down. Nice structured thing, and some great ideas there.

Here are some screen shots:
C92A29B3-500E-47E8-9904-F69E8A4AB4B9.png
B5066EF2-7C29-4362-BB05-BC5B6F58EE06.png

I'd like to see a "Mailbox mode" or "Delivery mode" or "Quick Stop", something that tells the car you're getting out of the car for SECONDS, and you don't want everything turned off.

Every night I stop at my mailbox near my house. Its dark, its cold (or hot), and I have to temporarily park on the wrong side of the road (its a cul-de-sac and my house is 5 houses down, so there's little danger), but the car immediately wants to completely shut down. Headlights/taillights off, HVAC off, etc... I'm out of the car for literally 10 seconds and then everything has to power back up.

It would work like this: Put the car in park and a button would appear somewhere on the screen that says "quick stop", or "leave everything on". This will keep your HVAC and most importantly, all your lights ON, but also not allow the vehicle to be driven without the keyfob/phone/card. You get back in the car and drive on.

Reactions: VValleyEV
Given the hints that we may be able to customize our externally-audible Tesla sounds, it would be fun to have the chorus of this one for my backup sound (given that I could edit it just a bit so it says “Backin’ Up, Gettin’ Ready To Go”, instead of “Packin’ up ...”)

Several other people have remarked on the small font sizes on many pages. Yes! I'm 63, pre cataract surgery, and I'm having this problem too.

Not only is the font small, the user manual uses a grey font! Only the emphasized text is white. Ridiculous! You usually have to brighten the display temporarily to read it.

Reactions: VValleyEV and UrsS