TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Solar Charge Profile

Discussion in 'Charging Standards and Infrastructure' started by nwdiver, May 22, 2013.

1. nwdiver

nwdiver Active Member

What do you guys think of having a solar charge profile option to maximize the amount of self-consumption with grid-tied solar. For example the car would start charging @10amps @0800 ramp up to 30amps @1300 and taper off to 10amp @1700. This could be adjusted based on the size of the solar array and the time of year.

2. Jays200

Jays200 Member

4.5 years later....

I'd like my MX to talk to my Fronius inverter and Smappee energy meter and automatically take every bit of juice it can get up to the 5kW limit our state regulates to.

I'd also like to dial down the amps lower than 6 on my three phase HPWC to get a slower charge rate than the minimum 4.5kW. I can use the UMC at 6 amps on a single phase circuit for 1.5kW but I want the solution to be elegant