Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Solar city partnership on Model S page

Solar city solar cells for Model S?

• Plan on purchasing them through solar city

Votes: 11 13.4%
  • Plan on purchasing through another vendor

Votes: 20 24.4%
  • Already have solar cells

Votes: 31 37.8%
  • Using other renewable options

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Have no interest, going to use the grid

Votes: 16 19.5%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well after looking at DSIREUSA's website it appears that I could get 30% discounted from the Feds, and 35% discounted from the State of GA (up to $10,500) I may actually re consider.

I have some nice south facing roof space, conveniently angled towards the tree less street. I would have to trim up my Oak tree, and maybe take down a Sweetgum (which I hate anyway because of all the balls) on the side yard.

I now think I may try to Solar my house, no ground source heat pump, with my rebated from buying the Model S.

EDIT: Glad I made a hard requirement of NO HOA, when looking for my house 3 year ago.

Thanks for the research ElSupremo...I believe that KS was recently recognized as the most "conservative" state in the US. It's next to impossible for us left-leaning residents to get anything accomplished! My HOA has very strict regulations regarding the outward appearance of our homes. Any additional elements must pass through a design review committee. I will look into it further. Thanks again!

Edit: Just to clarify, my HOA restrictions state that "no other mechanical equipment may be added to the exterior of the home." They do not specifically address solar panels by name. I'm waiting for a response back from our design review committee.

Last edited:
In Italy we don't have Solar City. But I plan to put solar panels on my apartment placed in a sunny town of the South of Italy and use it not only to power the grid but also to power an electric car in Rome (Center of Italy).
I am studying latest solar panels in order to use the more efficent of them. If some TMC members has any suggestions for me on efficent solar panels feel free to PM me to give advice.