Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Solar companies around So. Cal. (I.E.)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm currently brainstorming on my home charging options (will be getting a 2013 MS P85 CPO in about 4-5 weeks) and it's becoming pretty clear that my current service (100amp) isn't going to be sufficient for adding a 14-50 outlet or a HPWC with my current load, so I either pay for a service upgrade to 200 amps or I go solar. I moved into my house a little over a year ago and my current elec bill is around $150 a month and the house is about 2300 sqft built in 89, 2 story with a built in pool w/ 2 pumps and a jacuzzi and central a/c. Since we have moved in I have considered getting solar but really didn't think we "needed" it because our electric bill isn't too outrageous. Now with a MS on the way and with a high possibilty of another EV in the next 3 years, I think it may be time for solar. We live in the I.E. area and the summers get around 100° or more.

Does anyone in this area have a solar company to get estimates from? When we 1st moved in we had solar city come out but it seemed like they wanted to stick 100 panels (I forgot the exact amount) on our roof and if I remember correctly the panels they wanted to use were small in making electricity, so I told them forget about it.

I've heard ads on the radio for Solarmax and Peterson Dean, they have decent reviews, but I'm looking for real customers to hear from.

T.I.A.