TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Solar Contract Cancellation

Discussion in 'Tesla Energy' started by Cricket88, Jul 25, 2018.

1. Cricket88

Cricket88 Member

Does anyone know the actual terms for cancelling your solar contract? My Energy advisor was a bit elusive and vague and was very re-assuring that nothing was final until installation and that I would not be liable for any charges anytime prior to actual installation. However as I am reading the fine-print on the solar contracts, it clearly states I have 3 days after signing to cancel without penalties?

Anyone know what the real deal is?

I'm getting jerked around with the numbers, final costs, rebates, etc and I am scheduled for installation two weeks from now. Thanks in advance.

2. Rockster

Rockster Active Member

The terms for canceling my Tesla energy project were in the contract I signed. Did you sign a contract?

3. Babaron

Babaron Member

After your cooling off period, usually 3 days, cancellation will result in loss of deposit. Before that, you get the deposit back.

• Like x 1
  4. Cricket88

Cricket88 Member

I signed the original contract, which waived the deposit but I have received a subsequent contract which I declined to sign. I read the contract and in one section it discusses the right to cancel within 3 days, but later in the contract it mentions that I have the right to cancel 7 days prior to installation. My TE said I am under no obligation at any point prior to installation.

5. Rockster

Rockster Active Member

I seem to remember that the first window of cancelation could be invoked without cause but to cancel during the second window I had to show cause. I think sufficient cause was that the price had increased by more than X dollars since the contract signing or the output of the contracted system was going to be less than contracted by X amount. Something like that. I had a deposit that I was wanting back so I was fortunate that the system they were going to install was more expensive by more than the allowed amount, so I was able to cancel and get my deposit back.

6. Cricket88

Cricket88 Member

I just requested for a cancellation via txt to my TE. He said he would get the process started... Could you share what your experience was, when you asked to cancel? I never had to give them a deposit, but I’m not sure if they’re going to try to save the deal, hit me with fees, etc etc. Feel free to PM if you don’t feel like sharing here. Much appreciated!