Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Solar energy is being fed to grid directly

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Everyone,

Just now my installation ( Solar panels with 2 powerwalls) is completed. Before leaving, installation crew turned on the system to test. I see that solar energy is going to grid directly but not coming to my home or powerwall. is this normal or did installation went wrong ?
PS: i have currently turned of the system

you likely need to post some screenshots of what you were looking at to determine that all of your PV was going to the grid and none was being consumed by your home.

You can test for at least 30-40 minutes to get some screenshots etc.

It wouldn't be surprising to see the behaviour that you saw. Tesla also just finished my install (an addition to existing solar and Powerwalls). The new Powerwall did not immediately start charging when it was added to the group even though I had solar. All the solar was being consumed by the house (and I suspect would have gone to the grid if I had surplus).

We did a grid off test and then after that the Powerwalls (old and new) started charging. Now the Powerwalls are consuming all the solar being produced (currently in off peak) presumably to bank for the upcoming part peak window.

At 1:54 they went away? And now they came back at 4:47 to fix it? How did that quick turnaround happen? Did they see the issue when they did the testing? or they went for lunch?;):)

i called the installation crew ( as i had there number when they called me prior to installation about there availability)
this is how they came back and fixed it

why are you worried about the exact time?.

there's been a lot of people report wrong CT install
funny thing is that mine were installed correctly at first. Then they had to come back and change some things after inspection. They switched them from being right to wrong. Took me weeks to convince them that they were wrong. I even sent them before/after screen shots

there's been a lot of people report wrong CT install
funny thing is that mine were installed correctly at first. Then they had to come back and change some things after inspection. They switched them from being right to wrong. Took me weeks to convince them that they were wrong. I even sent them before/after screen shots
I had the same trouble. It was all set up correctly and then during a service call by the 3rd party installer, they changed it for no good reason. I took off the cover from the Gateway and found the issue immediately. In my case, I have two solar circuits and the guy must have thought it was not right to have two sets of wires going through the Solar CTs.

Not worried, just shows how quickly they turned around to fix it. ;)
hey no offense. just wanted to know thats all.
my installation was scheduled for 2 days for both solar and powerwall installation. solar team came from boston to install solar and powerwall team are from local. powerwall team finished installayion on day 1, but solar went to day 2. Solar guys confirmed everything was working fine despite of i am showing them the graph that power ie being fed to grid. they asked me to contact support.
i contacted the powerwall team ( as i had there number with me). immidiatly after they saw the pics ( uploaded by soalr crew), they came to know its CTs issue. those guys came back in an hour and fixed them

hey no offense. just wanted to know thats all.
my installation was scheduled for 2 days for both solar and powerwall installation. solar team came from boston to install solar and powerwall team are from local. powerwall team finished installayion on day 1, but solar went to day 2. Solar guys confirmed everything was working fine despite of i am showing them the graph that power ie being fed to grid. they asked me to contact support.
i contacted the powerwall team ( as i had there number with me). immidiatly after they saw the pics ( uploaded by soalr crew), they came to know its CTs issue. those guys came back in an hour and fixed them
Great. No problems here.
Solar from Boston, MA? If so, not sure where another Boston might be, but wow, a long haul.
Just Googled Boston. While there are more than one city, nothing close to CA:)