Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Solar Glass V3 + 2 PW ordered May 2, 2020

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks @cantbechanged

That's the number for Solar Panels and often they transfer you to the Solar Glass queue and you're right back were you started. Although, yesterday, I told the nice lady that answered that I need for her to warm transfer me to a live body since I've been calling for the past 2 weeks with no luck. She obliged and got me a live body.

Unfortunately, the live body couldn't tell me anything else but rather promised she will personally get back to me today after researching further. She doesn't see any reason why I haven't been contacted yet to setup an install, so she will research internally and get back to me today.

So for the record:

Tesla Solar Glass # (877)701-7652 Usually no one answers this line and you get thrown to voicemail with a promise of a returned call in 24 hours. They don't.

Tesla Solar Panel # (877)571-7652 This line is usually answered but once they find out you have a Solar Glass project, will transfer you to the number above and you're back to square one. Although, if you ask nicely, they will warm transfer you.

UPDATE, Aug 6, 2020

I was just notified by Tesla that I’m officially done with the permitting stage and will be contacted for an install schedule “soon”

As difficult as it is, I’ve learned to stop anxiously anticipating each stage of this project and, just like the weather, take it as it comes :D

Hopefully, progress will be more constant going forward.

UPDATE, Aug 6, 2020

I was just notified by Tesla that I’m officially done with the permitting stage and will be contacted for an install schedule “soon”

As difficult as it is, I’ve learned to stop anxiously anticipating each stage of this project and, just like the weather, take it as it comes :D

Hopefully, progress will be more constant going forward.
That's great to hear. I'm about to pull the trigger on solar roof. Hopefully it can be installed by 12/31/20 to take advantage of incentives. I'm in south New Jersey. Will be following your install.

That's great to hear. I'm about to pull the trigger on solar roof. Hopefully it can be installed by 12/31/20 to take advantage of incentives. I'm in south New Jersey. Will be following your install.

Thanks! If you really want to get the 26% Tax Credit, I suggest you pull the trigger now. I ordered on May 2 and I'm not even sure I'll have the PTO by 12/31. Granted I placed the order during the brunt of the pandemic so it affected the permitting and caused extreme delays. Good luck!

According to Tesla, there's nothing else in the install process that relies on 3rd party at this point, so it should be all them and should be straight forward from here on out.

@xhawk101, good luck with your project too!

• Love
Reactions: xhawk101
Thank you
Thanks! If you really want to get the 26% Tax Credit, I suggest you pull the trigger now. I ordered on May 2 and I'm not even sure I'll have the PTO by 12/31. Granted I placed the order during the brunt of the pandemic so it affected the permitting and caused extreme delays. Good luck!

According to Tesla, there's nothing else in the install process that relies on 3rd party at this point, so it should be all them and should be straight forward from here on out.

@xhawk101, good luck with your project too!
, thanks! Pending permitting now. Hoping for an update next week!

I live in Orange County, CA. I have placed an order for Solar roof with two powerwalls on February 03. They were hoping to get it installed in August and I took it easy on them. I have been following with them for the last few weeks and they are sounding very pessimistic. I have learned that the advisor I worked with is moved to different project couple of months ago. No one else seemed to be knowing what is going on with the project. Now they are telling us they are not sure about the installation date due to the pandemic. We are not even sure that whether Tesla has submitted the permit for us as the status on the website still says home assessment. Our roof is leaking already and we may just cancel and fix the roof ourselves as we have already lost the hope. It seems like they are having some issues with staffing and all.

I live in Orange County, CA. I have placed an order for Solar roof with two powerwalls on February 03. They were hoping to get it installed in August and I took it easy on them. I have been following with them for the last few weeks and they are sounding very pessimistic. I have learned that the advisor I worked with is moved to different project couple of months ago. No one else seemed to be knowing what is going on with the project. Now they are telling us they are not sure about the installation date due to the pandemic. We are not even sure that whether Tesla has submitted the permit for us as the status on the website still says home assessment. Our roof is leaking already and we may just cancel and fix the roof ourselves as we have already lost the hope. It seems like they are having some issues with staffing and all.

Just call them again. It does take some work on your part to make this happen especially when stuff falls through the cracks.

This seems endemic to the Roofing industry. We had months-long non-communications gaps and an ever-changing cast of characters when we were looking at having PetersenDean install a roof and solar. This fortunate for us, since they are in Chapter 11, and the 25-year warranty on the roof may go down with them. And we love the SolarRoof we have.

The pandemic has had a big impact. Tesla had to pull their crews off our home in mid install. Luckily they had all the underlayment on the roof and it that made the roof watertight for the week of rain we got during the shutdown.

I agree with @jboy210 said. If you follow this thread, you can see I had the same struggles and it seems like it depends on how informed, or how willing to help the person on the other line is. I've had ones that were pessimistic, I've had ones that stepped up and spoke to other people within Tesla Solar on my behalf, and I have ones that were overly optimistic. It sucks that the process is like that, and it's a shame that Tesla seems to not be focused at fixing it. But if I were you, I would keep calling and explain your situation to whoever is willing to listen. You may get one that will go out of his/her way to help you.

If you go back to my other posts within this thread, I've had people tell me a variety of things. From my order date in May, someone told me it should be installed by July to; it's impossible to get it installed by the end of the year to; your permits are done and you will be contacted by the install team soon.

I know it's easy enough to bite the bullet and just go with a regular roof and be done with it, but the way I look at it, you already waited this long. What's the status on your account? What stage is it in?

I agree with @jboy210 said. If you follow this thread, you can see I had the same struggles and it seems like it depends on how informed, or how willing to help the person on the other line is. I've had ones that were pessimistic, I've had ones that stepped up and spoke to other people within Tesla Solar on my behalf, and I have ones that were overly optimistic. It sucks that the process is like that, and it's a shame that Tesla seems to not be focused at fixing it. But if I were you, I would keep calling and explain your situation to whoever is willing to listen. You may get one that will go out of his/her way to help you.

If you go back to my other posts within this thread, I've had people tell me a variety of things. From my order date in May, someone told me it should be installed by July to; it's impossible to get it installed by the end of the year to; your permits are done and you will be contacted by the install team soon.

I know it's easy enough to bite the bullet and just go with a regular roof and be done with it, but the way I look at it, you already waited this long. What's the status on your account? What stage is it in?

I am actually trying to reach out to my new solar roof advisor via email. I thought everyone has their own advisor who is the main point of contact. Couple of months ago they have mentioned that they are working with the city for the permit. But I called the City officials last week and they said Tesla did not submit anything yet. I will have to call them next week If I don't hear anything from my roof advisor.

The guy that i initially spoke with mentioned he was "my" solar advisor. He even sent me an email with his contacts. That was the last time I heard from him. I did however found a few people that helped me along the way throughout the process, but they too have a habit of disappearing after the initial interactions. Maybe it's me :( LOL

I am actually trying to reach out to my new solar roof advisor via email. I thought everyone has their own advisor who is the main point of contact. Couple of months ago they have mentioned that they are working with the city for the permit. But I called the City officials last week and they said Tesla did not submit anything yet. I will have to call them next week If I don't hear anything from my roof advisor.

Have you paid anything beyond the initial $100? Has Tesla done any onsite inspections?

Also, does your city have an online permit system? Many cities do. That is how I tracked the progress of our permits and "corrected" Tesla reps that said they were waiting on the city.

Have you paid anything beyond the initial $100? Has Tesla done any onsite inspections?

Also, does your city have an online permit system? Many cities do. That is how I tracked the progress of our permits and "corrected" Tesla reps that said they were waiting on the city.

Just the $100 initial deposit. They were able to schedule the onsite inspection quickly as soon as we have signed the agreement and it went fine. We assumed that they were working with our City for the permit when they mentioned that it would take couple of months to get the permit because our solar roof project is the first home for our City. During the follow up, they even mentioned that they were working with fire authority for something. Yes, our City has the online permit system but they did not submit any permit so for. I am assuming that they may be having some issues with fire codes or something to satisfy the requirements and they are not telling us what is really going on.

Just the $100 initial deposit. They were able to schedule the onsite inspection quickly as soon as we have signed the agreement and it went fine. We assumed that they were working with our City for the permit when they mentioned that it would take couple of months to get the permit because our solar roof project is the first home for our City. During the follow up, they even mentioned that they were working with fire authority for something. Yes, our City has the online permit system but they did not submit any permit so for. I am assuming that they may be having some issues with fire codes or something to satisfy the requirements and they are not telling us what is really going on.

Just call them up and ask them what is up with the order. They seem pretty open with us when things got jammed up.