Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Solar Installation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sounds crazy, but you already invested in the system so now you could simply raise your power usage to the point that gets them off your back......maybe when the roadster arrives things will even out.

Sounds crazy, but you already invested in the system so now you could simply raise your power usage to the point that gets them off your back......maybe when the roadster arrives things will even out.

My understanding is that it is totally based on our historical usage. To do this, I would have to disconnect the system for a year or more, run my usage and my bill through the roof, and then reconnect based on my new usage. Meanwhile, our solar system would just sit there for a year doing nothing. The bureaucratic system is just plain broken. However SCE has agreed to let us install the system based on the fact that we are getting an electric car. If there is anyone left at Tesla after the latest carnage is over, they had better get to work getting us our car, or we are in trouble with the power company!:rolleyes:

I walk behind everyone turning off lights.

Have you thought about motion detectors all over the house turning the lights on and off? Hey, it is 21st century after all :)

Your troubles with too much power stems from the fact that makes you a producer and not a consumer anymore. Different legislation :(

Last edited:
If you get tired of waiting for your Tesla you might try these guys:
Electric cars for sale, Electric cars, electric car,ELectric vehicles for sale,Electric cars,ElectricPorsche.net,Electric car,EV,Eletric cars.com, Electric Porsche.net,PorscheEV,Porsche 911,green,hybrid,

Porsche 911/959 style EV. Purpose built for 95% of driving around town.
Battery options from 50-200 mile range and over 100 mph.
Lead acid package includes 17 Odyssey series-2150 93AH batteries, EPN DC 11" motor,
1000 amp water cooled controller, 5 speed 915 Porsche trans. 17" Cup wheels.
Power windows, A/C. Color change available. Beautifully crafted at.............................................. $65,000

Blue Chip Energy is going to install our Florida system. I just signed the contract with them today. These folks actually build the panels from fabricated silicon right here in Central Florida and install them themselves (my deposit went directly to Blue Chip Energy themselves.) They currently have a ginormous (40 MW, soon to expand to 100 MW) system they are installing in North Florida. The thing that really made me sit up and take notice was the fact that they will deduct the FP&L rebate from the bill at signing (that's right, they guarantee it and you don' have to go the pain of trying to fill out the FP&L rebate form at midnight the day they offer it along with the rest of Florida EV system buyers!) You give them access to your FP&L online account and they have a flock of computer operators doing it - if they get it, great, if not, oh well - either way the cost is the same to me (as if the rebate was applied.) They do have a clause in the contract that if FP&L sends you a check for the rebate, you must sign it over to them.

I had tried to get the rebate several times earlier, but had no luck - they were all gone in the first 20 minutes.

Blue Chip's cost was not only cheaper than the other systems I looked into and with the tax credits, our ROI is much less than 10 years (according to our accountant.)
Of course this all is great right now: there is nothing on my roof yet. They do have a guarantee to complete in 6-8 weeks, so hopefully there will be an energy-producing system on our roof by then!

These folks actually build the panels from fabricated silicon right here in Central Florida and install them themselves (my deposit went directly to Blue Chip Energy themselves.)
Sounds as if BCE gets the panels from other companies:
BCE will build the plant using 174,000 monocrystalline and polycrystalline PV solar panels from Advanced Solar Photonics (ASP) and other leading manufacturers.

I don't understand how the FL rebate system works, you have to apply on a certain date and only have a few hours to get it?

I know you posted this almost five years ago, but that's the guy that trashed my Porsche. Anybody reading this now that the thread has been bumped should be aware that he is no longer to be trusted with your conversion project. More info than you want in this long thread.

Sounds as if BCE gets the panels from other companies:
Things may have changed since this article. They now have a large manufacturing facility in Lakeland where the panels are built. Perhaps this project was so large they needed help with the panels?

I don't understand how the FL rebate system works, you have to apply on a certain date and only have a few hours to get it?
They only have so many rebates available on a first-come, first-serve basis.

Wow, I didn't even look up at that old post. I hope no one ever followed my link and got a car from him :redface: That was back when I thought he knew what he was doing.
It's quite possible that five years ago he did. I gave him my Porsche to convert 4 1/4 years ago, and at that time my research showed nothing bad about him. I don't know when he went bad.