Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Solar installations in Texas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great in concept. I can only buy energy from the city and they don't offer any type of tiered plan.

I've already looked at the average & peak usages that is where the size of system comes from. If I could shop companies like my neighbors down the road in Houston I likely wouldn't be shopping solar as they can often get it as low as 6-7 cents/kwh.
I’m 9.6 once you figure in CenterPoint charges.

Wow are you guys getting ripped off.
Austin Energy Pays me 9.6 per kwh (set annually for the next year in December, it's dropped each year). And roughly about that for what I use and except for December I over produce such that I have a $850 credit after 3 years production even with the $50 annual ChargePoint charge anywhere fee for Austin.

Screen Shot 2018-09-05 at 3.43.08 PM.png

Last edited:
Reactions: paco878
Wow are you guys getting ripped off.
Austin Energy Pays me 9.6 per kwh (set annually for the next year in December). And roughly about that for what I use and except for December I over produce such that I have a $850 credit after 3 years production even with the $50 annual ChargePoint charge anywhere fee for Austin.

View attachment 332217

Is 'used' total energy used or just energy imported?