I just recently had my system installed and wanted to monitor my generation and usage details before adding any PowerWalls. Unfortunately once I got the system turned on I noticed that I'm not seeing any usage information in the Tesla app.
- I have I 12.24kW system comprised of 3 groups of panels
- I have SolarEdge SE11400H Inverter but not hardwired to ethernet
- I have the small black gateway (GWY20) which shows up my router as a MMB Research device
- There are plenty of options to monitor energy usage by purchasing and installing hardware in your main panel. My electricity provider is SMUD and I can see hourly usage on their site but it's delayed by a day and there's no automated way to get the data. The only API that I've found is through UtilityAPI but they want $20/month.
- I see that Solaredge has a monitoring solution that uses RS485 to connect back to their inverter. My inverter is not located right next to my electrical panel so that adds a bit of an inconvenience in the installation.
- The most I've seen out of my system is ~7.5kWh so I'm guessing that either something is "wrong" or I shouldn't expect maximum power from all 3 groups at the same time. Perhaps my installation provides power longer, based on panel location, rather than more power at a given time. Again, it would be nice to have al of this explained beforehand or even now if I could speak with anyone.