TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Solar Panel Install Experieence & Powerwalls delayed til January of 2019

Discussion in 'Tesla Energy' started by dano9258, Jun 1, 2018.

1. dano9258

dano9258 Member

So we just had our solar panels installed this week from Tesla. They originally told us 1 day to install the 32 panels but they ended up taking 2 full days (first day they quit after roughly 6 hours due to wind). They did a great job including painting the line down the side of the house to match the color of the stucco. My only complaint is they broke one of the roof tiles on the edge and its just hanging there now.

Anyways we had ordered (2) powerwalls and just cancelled due to NV Energy in agreement to pay 95% of value for each kw of energy sold to them, so its just more cost effective to use that. Its a 20 year agreement too so....but when we cancelled they asked if we just wanted to put the order on hold. Then he stated that all installs are delayed until at least 2019 right now anyways. Just an FYI for anyone waiting.

• Informative x 2
  2. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

I’ll have to see what ‘updates’ I can get from my TE person. I reserved two PWs about a month ago and the party line at that time was 6-8 months (which, of course, is about January, worst case).