Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Solar panel/Powerwall install on hold because of PGE unapproving [backup switch]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

My installation was basically completed.
But then 2 months, I get a text saying that all powerwall installations are suspended because of an issue with PGE.
Apparently, PGE unapproved the gateway.
I've heard nothing specific from Tesla since.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Chris

Hi,

My installation was basically completed.
But then 2 months, I get a text saying that all powerwall installations are suspended because of an issue with PGE.
Apparently, PGE unapproved the gateway.
I've heard nothing specific from Tesla since.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Chris
This doesn't seem accurate to me, there may be some issue with jobs using the Backup Switch but the Backup Gateway isn't contentious as far as I know.

What does PGE say about this if you ask them directly?

Oops. I reread their email. PGE has an issue with the 'Backup switch'.
Would be interested in knowing what the issue is if you ever get more details. Have had mine installed for almost a year with no issues.

Can you ask them to switch you to a backup gateway? Seems like a lot of folks have gone that route to get a faster install.

This doesn't seem accurate to me, there may be some issue with jobs using the Backup Switch but the Backup Gateway isn't contentious as far as I know.

What does PGE say about this if you ask them directly?

Oops. I reread their email. PGE has an issue with the 'Backup switch'.

(moderator note)

Thread title amended / changed to include "backup switch" as it is a different item than the backup gateway.